Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS file transfer limitation
Operating Systems HP-UX NFS file transfer limitation Post 302928930 by vbe on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 09:19:40 AM
Old 12-16-2014
Have you tried to gzip the file before copying it? reducing the size will reduce the execution time which may be a concern here...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unix group file limitation

Does anyone know how to get around the unix group file limitation whereby you have a limit of 1024 characters when adding users to a unix group? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmillie
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Linux

File size limitation for rcp

Hi I am trying to rcp a file from Solaris box to Linux. When the file size is 2,205,255,047, the rcp fails with the message Jan 10 01:11:53 hqsas167 rsh: pam_authenticate: error Authentication failed However when I rcp a file with smaller size - 9,434,477 - the rcp completes with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schoubal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetchmail - log file size limitation

Hi, I am using fetchmail in my application so as to download mails to the localhost where the application is hosted from the mailserver.Fetchmail is configured as as to run as a daemon polling mails during an interval of 1sec. So my concern here is, during each 2sec it is writing two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS to NAS transfer

Hey guys, My servers run Solaris 10. I have to move data from my NFS mount drives into the NAS storage area with all the same permissions ( for the users and programs and everything else). Can any one help me please ?? Thanks. MisterKhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to extend 2 GB file size limitation

Hello All, I am using a SunOS machine. My application creates output files for the downstream systems. However output files are restricted to 2GB of file size in SunOS due to which I am forced to create multiple files which is not supported by the downstream due to some limitations. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading file,looping and limitation

I have 2 functions on AIX. Func_A () { .... .... } Func_B () { .... .... } And I have a abc.txt file (multiple lines) and I would like to read line by line and pass line by line to Func_A & Func_B. once Func_A is done,pass same value to Func_B and in the mean time get second line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jang
5 Replies

9. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)