Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Question on NMON - disable detailed disk statistics Post 302928921 by -=XrAy=- on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 08:18:48 AM
Old 12-16-2014
Hi Raja,

i guess the main problem is a too short snapshot interval -s < seconds >.
We use in normal case a 5 minute intervall, which result in a 20MB file per day for 55 Hdisks.

To nearly prevent the detail statistics use the combination of -D -k <rootvg hdisk>.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

the old question: how to disable the beep ?

still the old question (didn't find the satisfied answer in the forum) how to disable the awful beep in linux workstation? i tried this: /etc/inputrc -〉set bell-style none but it can only disable the beep whenever you input wrongly in the console. in some othercases, i still can hear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Please tell me the Detailed Booting procedure of Solaris 8

Can anyone explain me the detailed booting procedure on Solaris 2.8 Regards, Max29583 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detailed disk usage versus age summary

Hi, I'm posting my question here as I fele that what I am about to try to do must have been done already, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I have recently become responsible for monitoring disk space usage for a large file system. I would like to geenrate reports that will summise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup disk to disk to tape question

Hi all I had started to learn how to backup disk to disk to tape method Firstly I had backup to my NAS tar czvf /MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar /home Secondly I using dd command to copy the tar to tape dd if=/MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar of=/dev/tape0 But the tape drive always hang.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require detailed description for df -k command

Hi, I have used df -k always just to check the % of disk space left. Recently i discovered that the sum availabl space and used space is not equal to 1K-blocks. Can anyone explain me the reason for this difference. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shooter
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting detailed error from sql script

Hello, I have a main.sql file which runs around 5-6 .sql files and each .sql file is spooling it in separate text file. In my shell script I am appending main.sql to one of my log file but I am not able to get detailed error if anything fails from those 5-6 .sql files. Those errors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp92
1 Replies
nfsiostat(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      nfsiostat(8)

NAME
nfsiostat - Emulate iostat for NFS mount points using /proc/self/mountstats SYNOPSIS
nfsiostat [[<interval>] [<count>]] [<options>][<mount_point>] DESCRIPTION
The nfsiostat command displays NFS client per-mount statisitics. <interval> specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since each file sys- tem was mounted. Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. <count> If the <count> parameter is specified, the value of <count> determines the number of reports generated at <interval> seconds apart. if the interval parameter is specified without the <count> parameter, the command generates reports continuously. <options> Define below <mount_point> If one or more <mount point> names are specified, statistics for only these mount points will be displayed. Otherwise, all NFS mount points on the client are listed. OPTIONS
-a or --attr displays statistics related to the attribute cache -d or --dir displays statistics related to directory operations -h or --help shows help message and exit -l LIST or --list=LIST only print stats for first LIST mount points -p or --page displays statistics related to the page cache -s or --sort Sort NFS mount points by ops/second --version show program's version number and exit FILES
/proc/self/mountstats SEE ALSO
iostat(8), mountstats(8), nfsstat(8) AUTHOR
Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com> 15 Apr 2010 nfsiostat(8)