Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Fbackup aborts exactly at 2 GB Post 302928890 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 04:36:08 AM
Old 12-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by siva3492
Thanking you all for quick response, the problem is solved now.
Hi siva3492,
In case some other reader runs into the same problem, please tell us how you resolved the problem you were having.

Thanks,
Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Backup using fbackup

Dear All, We have Universe database on HP-UX Servers, when we take back on DDS3 it completes around 48 Gb data on just one tape. As per DDS media specs it can hold upto 24 GB compressed data. How it is managing more than double data..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashif Raees
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

fbackup endind with wraning how to check on a script fbackup is good

Hi, I am writing a script that is doing a fbackup during the night and before it shutdown the database then run the fbackup then at the end before restarted the data base, I would like to check the status that the fbackup is fine but I always have warning (about socket: fbackup(1102): WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 fbackup? restore help/guidance needed

Hello, We've recently had a multiple hardrive failure in our legacy HP9000. Now the drives are repaired and the filesystems are recreated, I went to restore the last of the database tables from our dds3 backup, but cannot. Here's what's going on: BTW, I'm an absolute novice w/ HP-UX The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastuart
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

fbackup

Hey guys im trying fbackup, what kind of device should be used for the output. i tried to put the output into a disk that i LVM and to /tmp but it wont work, theres an error saying that its not a valid device for backup. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

fbackup problem

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below in HP-UX /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
4 Replies

7. Slackware

pkgtool aborts

Hi everyone! I am running Slackware 12.1 and the past few days I have this problem: Whenever I use pkgtool to install an update, I get this message: /sbin/installpkg: line 231: 3967 Aborted /sbin/ldconfig I tried ldconfig but it aborts. Any ideas would help, Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerb41
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX Full System Backup with fbackup

Hello, I'm still new in HP-UX backup and I want to do a FULL BACKUP of HP-UX server to TAPE device. After reading on several forums and posts, i have list down several steps on how to do a full backup on HP-UX with fbackup. I would like the gurus here to comment/advise on the steps below 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Aborts Before Completion

Hi guys, i have a script that logs into a range of hosts and runs an update involving apt-get: apt-get update problem i'm having is, before i do the apt-get, i do a apt-get update. and this process is completed quickly for most servers. but some servers, it can take a while. my expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Fbackup to multiple files

I suffered a fault on a tape drive and would like to redirect my fbackup from /dev/rmt/0m to a NFS Share. I have mounted a NFS share in /mnt/NFSShare. When I run the following command: /etc/fbackup -0 -uv -i /backup2/BEM/BEML1 -c /usr/local/scripts/backup/fbackup_config -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iceman_Pol
2 Replies
UDPCLI(1)							  BP executables							 UDPCLI(1)

NAME
udpcli - UDP-based BP convergence layer input task SYNOPSIS
udpcli local_hostname[:local_port_nbr] DESCRIPTION
udpcli is a background "daemon" task that receives UDP datagrams via a UDP socket bound to local_hostname and local_port_nbr, extracts bundles from those datagrams, and passes them to the bundle protocol agent on the local ION node. If not specified, port number defaults to 4556. The convergence layer input task is spawned automatically by bpadmin in response to the 's' (START) command that starts operation of the Bundle Protocol; the text of the command that is used to spawn the task must be provided at the time the "udp" convergence layer protocol is added to the BP database. The convergence layer input task is terminated by bpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. udpcli can also be spawned and terminated in response to START and STOP commands that pertain specifically to the UDP convergence layer protocol. EXIT STATUS
0 udpcli terminated normally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use bpadmin to restart udpcli. 1 udpcli terminated abnormally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. Investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file, then use bpadmin to restart udpcli. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file: udpcli can't attach to BP. bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations. No such udp duct. No UDP induct matching local_hostname and local_port_nbr has been added to the BP database. Use bpadmin to stop the UDP convergence- layer protocol, add the induct, and then restart the UDP protocol. CLI task is already started for this duct. Redundant initiation of udpcli. Can't get IP address for host Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. Can't open UDP socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. Can't initialize socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. udpcli can't create receiver thread Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
bpadmin(1), bprc(5), udpclo(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 UDPCLI(1)