Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Fbackup aborts exactly at 2 GB Post 302928805 by vbe on Monday 15th of December 2014 11:08:41 AM
Old 12-15-2014
show me the line for the mountpoint /dir1 in /etc/fstab

Last edited by vbe; 12-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Backup using fbackup

Dear All, We have Universe database on HP-UX Servers, when we take back on DDS3 it completes around 48 Gb data on just one tape. As per DDS media specs it can hold upto 24 GB compressed data. How it is managing more than double data..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashif Raees
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

fbackup endind with wraning how to check on a script fbackup is good

Hi, I am writing a script that is doing a fbackup during the night and before it shutdown the database then run the fbackup then at the end before restarted the data base, I would like to check the status that the fbackup is fine but I always have warning (about socket: fbackup(1102): WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 fbackup? restore help/guidance needed

Hello, We've recently had a multiple hardrive failure in our legacy HP9000. Now the drives are repaired and the filesystems are recreated, I went to restore the last of the database tables from our dds3 backup, but cannot. Here's what's going on: BTW, I'm an absolute novice w/ HP-UX The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastuart
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

fbackup

Hey guys im trying fbackup, what kind of device should be used for the output. i tried to put the output into a disk that i LVM and to /tmp but it wont work, theres an error saying that its not a valid device for backup. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

fbackup problem

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below in HP-UX /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
4 Replies

7. Slackware

pkgtool aborts

Hi everyone! I am running Slackware 12.1 and the past few days I have this problem: Whenever I use pkgtool to install an update, I get this message: /sbin/installpkg: line 231: 3967 Aborted /sbin/ldconfig I tried ldconfig but it aborts. Any ideas would help, Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerb41
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX Full System Backup with fbackup

Hello, I'm still new in HP-UX backup and I want to do a FULL BACKUP of HP-UX server to TAPE device. After reading on several forums and posts, i have list down several steps on how to do a full backup on HP-UX with fbackup. I would like the gurus here to comment/advise on the steps below 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Aborts Before Completion

Hi guys, i have a script that logs into a range of hosts and runs an update involving apt-get: apt-get update problem i'm having is, before i do the apt-get, i do a apt-get update. and this process is completed quickly for most servers. but some servers, it can take a while. my expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Fbackup to multiple files

I suffered a fault on a tape drive and would like to redirect my fbackup from /dev/rmt/0m to a NFS Share. I have mounted a NFS share in /mnt/NFSShare. When I run the following command: /etc/fbackup -0 -uv -i /backup2/BEM/BEML1 -c /usr/local/scripts/backup/fbackup_config -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iceman_Pol
2 Replies
BACKUP_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_HELP(8)

NAME
backup_help - Displays help for backup commands SYNOPSIS
backup help [-topic <help string>+] [-admin] [-help] backup h [-t <help string>+] [-a] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every backup command. To list every backup command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the backup apropos command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string>+ Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the backup part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify dump, not backup dump). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every backup command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The online help entry for each backup command consists of the following two or three lines: o The first line names the command and briefly describes its function. o The second line lists aliases for the command, if any. o The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document. EXAMPLES
The following example displays the online help entry for the backup dump command: % backup help dump backup dump: start dump Usage: backup dump -volumeset <volume set name> -dump <dump level name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-at <Date/time to start dump>+] [-append] [-n] [-file <load file>] [-help] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_apropos(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_HELP(8)