Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read all data after a specific string from a text file ? Post 302928763 by RudiC on Monday 15th of December 2014 06:34:46 AM
Old 12-15-2014
That obviously is a system error message, not issued from the awk scripts. Does d:\input_new.txt exist?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read specific text from a log file

Hi guys I need to retrieve the values in BOLD that I have mentioned in the below log file. I want to store those values in a variable, preferably the same name as the column name in the log file. if you paste the below mentioned log file in a notepad and remove the word wrap.. u will get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read space filled file and replace text at specific position

Hi I have a spaced filled file having records like below: What I want is to read line having RT3 at position 17-19 then go to position 2651 check the 18 characters (might be space filled till 18 characters). This position should have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: COD
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

hello, I have got the following problem that I am hoping someone can help with please. 1. I have got the following text file (below) , the columns data are 'Test Day', 'Board', 'Betting Number'. TEXT FILE ============================================ 1 3 02-01-27-28-29-30 0 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

Hello, I have a problem which is giving me headache for days, can some please help. Please see code and text fiel below. Please see text in red for the problem I am facing # Program gets an input x from user while read line ; do echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Write byte range/chunk of data from specific location in file

I am new to Unix so will really appreciate if someone can guide me on this. What I want to do is: Step1: Read binary file - pick first 2 bytes, convert from hex to decimal. Read the next 3 bytes as well. 2 bytes will specify the number of bytes 'n' that I want to read and write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbenipel
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read data from file from a specific duration

Hi, i have log file which keeps on updating almost ever minute but i have certain string in log which will only be displayed between specific time. so i need to search for that string and copy the details starting from that string and stop at certain string below that. example: log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Removing anything from text file except specific string

So, I have a text file that looks like this: 0,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 1,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 2,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 3,0: (166,166,174) #A6A6AE srgb(166,166,174) 4,0: (168,168,176) #A8A8B0 srgb(168,168,176) 5,0:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read data from tab delimited file after a specific position?

Hi Experts, I have a tab deliminated file as below myfile.txt Local Group Memberships *Administrators *Guests I need data in below format starting from 4th position. myfile1.txt Administrators Guests the above one is just an example and there could... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
15 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)