Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resize Linux partition
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Resize Linux partition Post 302928749 by alnhk on Monday 15th of December 2014 05:08:27 AM
Old 12-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Where do you plan to get the additional 10G you need to increase /dev/xvda2 to 20G?
Yes - increase "/" from 10g to 20g [ "/" is /dev/xvda2]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resize FREEBSD 5.4 partition

Experts, I am trying to repartition my FreeBSD partition to accomodate 1GB of DOS partition so that I can have the samba share support. I wanted to know the procedure to resize an exsiting FreeBSD partition. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to create new partition in Linux

i want to create on directory called /data under "/ " . but when i m using mkdir /data it is telling permission denied. could any one tell me how to do it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition. First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carribey
1 Replies

4. SuSE

Resize Root Filesystem in SUSE Linux

Hello Experts, I am very new to unix environment. Root filesystem in one of our Linux boxes has almost reached 100%. is there a procedure/ way to resize the root filesystem. ****************************************************** ld8331:/ # df -h|more Filesystem Size Used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1784
2 Replies

5. SCO

Partition Resize / Creation

Hello, I'm new to SCO and I require some help... I have an OLD HD which is about to die and I want to replace it with a new HD. When I clone the HD with either Acronis or Ghost it wont allow me to resize the UNIX partition and I'm stuck with 80% of the new drive as unused space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dochost
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to RESIZE / root partition in RHEL5 (VM)?

Hi Team, Require your expertise on how to resize / partition. This is VM. Thank you. Reggy # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 15G 13G 556M 96% / /dev/sda1 965M 43M 873M 5% /boot tmpfs 502M 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

required resize /boot partition in linux

Hi, In my linux box I have installed /boot partition with 100MB. I have done compile for a newer kernel. The both kernels are required to me. Finally /boot partition has using 100%. I need to resize the /boot. Any body give the solution how to do resize the /boot partition without dusturbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parsrigum
2 Replies

8. SCO

Resize root partition

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Root partition is 96% full and I would like to make it bigger. How can this be done? 1) Can I use 'dd' to backup 'root' and then backup '/u' to a third hard disk, then divvy the primary hard disk to have a larger 'root' filesystem (i.e. previous root + u) 2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Resize partition volume

Hello, I am running ubuntu 14.04. Have just installed torrent into home directory but /dev/md2 is almost full. Is it possible to resize md2 to get rid of any problem that may arise in the near future? Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 17G 4.1k 17G 1% /dev... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
FD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     FD(4)

NAME
fd, stdin, stdout, stderr -- file descriptor files DESCRIPTION
The files /dev/fd/0 through /dev/fd/# refer to file descriptors which can be accessed through the file system. If the file descriptor is open and the mode the file is being opened with is a subset of the mode of the existing descriptor, the call: fd = open("/dev/fd/0", mode); and the call: fd = fcntl(0, F_DUPFD, 0); are equivalent. Opening the files /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout and /dev/stderr is equivalent to the following calls: fd = fcntl(STDIN_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDOUT_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); fd = fcntl(STDERR_FILENO, F_DUPFD, 0); Flags to the open(2) call other than O_RDONLY, O_WRONLY and O_RDWR are ignored. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
By default, /dev/fd is provided by devfs(5), which provides nodes for the first three file descriptors. Some sites may require nodes for additional file descriptors; these can be made available by mounting fdescfs(5) on /dev/fd. FILES
/dev/fd/# /dev/stdin /dev/stdout /dev/stderr SEE ALSO
tty(4), devfs(5), fdescfs(5) BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD