Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing 'exit' command from shell script Post 302928670 by ongoto on Saturday 13th of December 2014 09:51:43 PM
Old 12-13-2014
Are you saying you want your script to run as a daemon? Are you in linux?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using exit command in a shell script

Can it be done? If so, how? I would like a script to contain the exit command, and log me off at script completion. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store last command exit status in variable in shell script

Hello All My req is to store the exit status of a command in shell variable I want to check whether the file has header or not The header will contain the string DATA_ACQ_CYC_CNTL_ID So I am running the command head -1 $i | grep DATA_ACQ_CYC_CNTL_ID Now I have to check if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit a shell script if a unix command does not return any value for 10 seconds?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to exit a shell script if a unix command inside does not return any value for 10 seconds? The scenarios is like this. I want to login to a application using shell script where the connection string is mentioned.but suppose this connection string is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron shell script not executing diskutil command

I'm trying to learn how to use cron for repetative tasks. I have an external disk that needs to be unmounted and remounted every hour due to some problems that a backup utility (specifically, TimeMachine) is having repeatedly accessing the device. I've created a shell script that will find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: illuminate
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script and if string found while executing then exit

Hi All, I have one shell script start.sh which executes another shell script test.sh something like below :test.sh -param1 -param2 In the test.sh there is one command for removing file:rm file1.bak I want whenever I execute start.sh, it will execute test.sh and if it finds string rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ORAI
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux shell | how to exit a script if any command fails.

Hi, i am new here let me say HI for all. now i have a question please: i am sending one command to my machine to create 3 names. if one of the names exists then the box return error message that already have the name but will continue to create the rests. How i can break the command and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiri
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies
SCRIPTREPLAY(1) 						   User Commands						   SCRIPTREPLAY(1)

NAME
scriptreplay - play back typescripts, using timing information SYNOPSIS
scriptreplay [options] [-t] timingfile [typescript [divisor]] DESCRIPTION
This program replays a typescript, using timing information to ensure that output happens in the same rhythm as it originally appeared when the script was recorded. The replay simply displays the information again; the programs that were run when the typescript was being recorded are not run again. Since the same information is simply being displayed, scriptreplay is only guaranteed to work properly if run on the same type of terminal the typescript was recorded on. Otherwise, any escape characters in the typescript may be interpreted differently by the terminal to which scriptreplay is sending its output. The timing information is what script(1) outputs to standard error if it is run with the -t parameter. By default, the typescript to display is assumed to be named typescript, but other filenames may be specified, as the second parameter or with option -s. If the third parameter is specified, it is used as a speed-up multiplier. For example, a speed-up of 2 makes scriptreplay go twice as fast, and a speed-up of 0.1 makes it go ten times slower than the original session. OPTIONS
The first three options will override old-style arguments. -t, --timing file File containing script's timing output. -s, --typescript file File containing script's terminal output. -d, --divisor number Speed up the replay displaying this number of times. The argument is a floating point number. It's called divisor because it divides the timings by this factor. -m, --maxdelay number Set the maximum delay between transcript updates to number of seconds. The argument is a floating point number. This can be used to avoid long pauses in the transcript replay. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLE
% script --timing=file.tm script.out Script started, file is script.out % ls <etc, etc> % exit Script done, file is script.out % scriptreplay --timing file.tm --typescript script.out SEE ALSO
script(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 James Youngman Copyright (C) 2008 Karel Zak This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. AUTHOR
The original scriptreplay program was written by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>. The program was re-written in C by James Youngman <jay@ gnu.org> and Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The scriptreplay command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux /utils/util-linux/>. util-linux September 2011 SCRIPTREPLAY(1)