Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linker errors linking to .a files on OS X Post 302928591 by Don Cragun on Saturday 13th of December 2014 03:29:36 AM
Old 12-13-2014
Also, check the output from the command:
file main.o func.o
It should be something like:
Code:
func.o: Mach-O 64-bit object x86_64
main.o: Mach-O 64-bit object x86_64

If you're seeing something other than x86_64 that is the problem. (But, I'm not sure how to tell gcc to produce x86_64 architecture code instead of whatever you're getting.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modifying C file and linking back to project files

hi, This is the first time I work in a big C project. All source code files are located in say directory /source/pp and all header files are in /include/pp. I've created a link to both of these directories from my home dir, say /home/ss. So in the /home/ss dir I have the /source/pp and /include/pp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruins2005
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linking Files in UNIX (shortcuts)

Hello, Can anyone tell me how I can make a file link or shortcut in UNIX 4.0, several file links where damaged during an outage examples below. Examples: file -> file libX11.so -> /usr/shlib/libX11.so.pre.O3D All of the file links that were damaged were in /shlib and point to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jays337
3 Replies

5. Programming

C files searching and Linking

Dear friends, First off all , let me apologize for my inexperience. I am just starting use of Linux and gcc . Actually I ve some .c files in the present directory , and now I am giving +vc <my_file1.c> <my.file2.c> <myfile3.c>. All the c files are in present directory.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking ERRors in files

I m having trouble in a script.I need To write a script that will check for Following Errors in Logs Files,i.e files having Extension .log The erros are 2008-01-01 15:19:11,822 ERROR - ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 51 (block # 717090) ORA-01110: data file 51:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively hard linking files -- bonehead question

I used to program ksh a while back, but I've been off in Oracle/Windows land (for clients -- not by choice) for so long that I can't remember what should be an easy thing. Here's the scenario: 1)Find all files and directories beneath some directory point (A). 2)If directory, make the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scyphers
7 Replies

8. Solaris

proc precompilation - linking results in symbolic referncing errors

I can compile and link a piece of code on Solaris 2.6 .. I want the same thing to be done on Solaris8.. I am getting symbolic refernce errors while linking... Errors looks to be with proc symbols defination.. Any ideas ?? fgs_lib/finder_dbl.pkg_shr_def->lib/finder_dbl.so expand_file "cc -G... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

9. Solaris

runtime linker errors

Hey guys I have a solaris 10 OS, with a zone configured. In that zone, I am trying to install an Oracle Client. However, when I run the oracle installer, I get the following error: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory ld.so.1: java: fatal:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files

I have 2 txt files, 1.txt and 2.txt which contain the paths to files that need to be linked. Example 1.txt: /root/001/folder2/image4.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image4.nii.gz Example 2.txt: /root/001/folder2/image5.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image5.nii.gz Each line represents images from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)