Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help require to edit multiple files Post 302928448 by srikanth38 on Thursday 11th of December 2014 04:43:37 PM
Old 12-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
How do we identify which field holds the company code? By field count? Your samples have 68, 55, and 12 fields, respectively.
I actually wanted to search "|FK|" in the file and take that position. Based on that position if any nulls are presented replace with "FK".

Now i found a way with above suggestion. I have kept file names and positions in one lookupfile and executing command something like as follows.

Code:
awk -F'|' 'NR>1 {if($6=="") $6="FK"}1' OFS='|' <file_name>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit Multiple Files in VI

Here's what I have... $ vi foo1 - open foo1 and work around for a while. I yank a few lines into a buffer and then :w to save. Next I :e foo2 to open foo2 and paste my buffer. I :w to save, but I would like to then be able to go directly back into foo1 where I was before I opened foo2. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
4 Replies

2. AIX

Locking a file when using VI to prevent multiple-edit sessions by diff users

At the office, we often have to edit one file with VI. We are 4-6 workers doing it and sometimes can be done at the same time. We have found a problem and want to prevent it with a file lock. Is it possible and how ? problem : Worker-a starts edit VI session on File-A at 1PM Worker-b... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require script to create two files

Hi folks, I have a input.file with the following contents:- flor geor enta vpal domi pegl cars mted four rose annc gabi ward dalv elph beac (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mithalr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file sections that cross multiple lines?

Hello, I'm wondering where I could go to learn how to edit file sections that cross multiple lines. I'm wanting to write scripts that will add Gnome menu entries for all users on a system for scripts I write, etc. I can search an replace simple examples with sed, but this seems more complex. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and edit multiple files using a while loop

Hi all, I would like to simply read a file which lists a number of pathnames and files, then search and replace key strings using a few vi commands: :1,$s/search_str/replace_str/g<return> but I am not sure how to automate the <return> of these vis commands when I am putting this in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to Edit multiple column of a file

Hello Team, I want to know if there is any one liner command , using which I can edit multiple column of a file. input file input.txt (comma separated), taran, 12.45, uttam, 23.40, babay karan, 12.45, raju, 11.40, rahulg I want to update, 2nd and 4th column, but want all those column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit and replace the multiple values in a file in one iteration

Hi All, I am preserving OLD and NEW values and want to replace the values in one go instead of using multiple sed and mv commands. Please help. echo "\nEnter the new qStart time '${CODE}' - (Hit Enter for No Change): \c" read NEW echo "\nEnter the new qStop time '${CODE}' - (Hit Enter for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to edit multiple files

Created a shell script to invoke sed to edit multiple files, but am missing something. Here's the shell script: oracle:$ cat edit_scripts.sh #!/bin/sh #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # edit_scripts.sh # # This script executes sed to make global... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)