Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help require to edit multiple files Post 302928432 by srikanth38 on Thursday 11th of December 2014 03:04:34 PM
Old 12-11-2014
Help require to edit multiple files

I have 6 different pipe delimiter files. My loads failing due to missing company code.

File1: 31 st field is company code.

Code:
402660076310|2014-12-10 17:22:39|2280361|MRYKI|1||CA|92507|US||1|1|0|0|0||N|A1|ONT|1001891771660009250700402660076310|WM|0201|RALA |2014-12-12|5|2014-12-12|5||FRI - 12 DEC 10:30A||FK   |01|01|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

File2: Last filed is company code here.
Code:
840113359200|772172265209|1|N|Y|33161|US|101|10.22|100|N|N|N|N|N|0|7.9|N|barbara azcoy|1500 ne 131 st|Miami|FL|0|N|N||7862819178|N|N|N||world emblem|3449794|7.9|N|10.22|0|10.22|N|0|N|N|N|10.22|1|O||||||||RBLK|FK

File 3: 10th field is company code here.
Code:
840113401067|0|11.04|0|0||0||4482366|FK||US

I want to figure it out all null records and replace with "FK" in all files. Could you please help here ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit Multiple Files in VI

Here's what I have... $ vi foo1 - open foo1 and work around for a while. I yank a few lines into a buffer and then :w to save. Next I :e foo2 to open foo2 and paste my buffer. I :w to save, but I would like to then be able to go directly back into foo1 where I was before I opened foo2. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
4 Replies

2. AIX

Locking a file when using VI to prevent multiple-edit sessions by diff users

At the office, we often have to edit one file with VI. We are 4-6 workers doing it and sometimes can be done at the same time. We have found a problem and want to prevent it with a file lock. Is it possible and how ? problem : Worker-a starts edit VI session on File-A at 1PM Worker-b... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require script to create two files

Hi folks, I have a input.file with the following contents:- flor geor enta vpal domi pegl cars mted four rose annc gabi ward dalv elph beac (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mithalr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file sections that cross multiple lines?

Hello, I'm wondering where I could go to learn how to edit file sections that cross multiple lines. I'm wanting to write scripts that will add Gnome menu entries for all users on a system for scripts I write, etc. I can search an replace simple examples with sed, but this seems more complex. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and edit multiple files using a while loop

Hi all, I would like to simply read a file which lists a number of pathnames and files, then search and replace key strings using a few vi commands: :1,$s/search_str/replace_str/g<return> but I am not sure how to automate the <return> of these vis commands when I am putting this in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to Edit multiple column of a file

Hello Team, I want to know if there is any one liner command , using which I can edit multiple column of a file. input file input.txt (comma separated), taran, 12.45, uttam, 23.40, babay karan, 12.45, raju, 11.40, rahulg I want to update, 2nd and 4th column, but want all those column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit and replace the multiple values in a file in one iteration

Hi All, I am preserving OLD and NEW values and want to replace the values in one go instead of using multiple sed and mv commands. Please help. echo "\nEnter the new qStart time '${CODE}' - (Hit Enter for No Change): \c" read NEW echo "\nEnter the new qStop time '${CODE}' - (Hit Enter for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to edit multiple files

Created a shell script to invoke sed to edit multiple files, but am missing something. Here's the shell script: oracle:$ cat edit_scripts.sh #!/bin/sh #------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # edit_scripts.sh # # This script executes sed to make global... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)