Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Tool suggestion for collection CPU/memory Stats Post 302928300 by solaris_1977 on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 03:17:12 PM
Old 12-10-2014
Tool suggestion for collection CPU/memory Stats

Hi,
We have around 1000 server (Red Hat + Suse + Parallels + Solaris-9/10/11). Every month, we generate a report for all servers for CPU and Memory utilization in 'percentage used'. This report is generated from HP Openview and frequency is every file minutes. In HP OpenView, we are picking 20 servers at a time and extract it in excel format. Many time, it will time out and it is hectic process. Can you somebody suggest any alternate solution for this, if anybody is using such technique in their environment ?
Here is example, which will give idea, what I want.
Code:
TIME	         pdrdt01-ps	   pdrdt02-ps	pdrdt03-ps	pdrdt01-dr	pdrdt02-dr
11/1/2014 0:55	    2.09	      6.73	      21.34	   18.02	     6.32
11/1/2014 1:00	    5.58	      6.17	      20.58	   13.4	     6.88
11/1/2014 1:05	    2.06	      9.06	      34.44	   12.95	     6.89
11/1/2014 1:10	    2.29	      6.24	      31.78	   14.3	     6.83
11/1/2014 1:15	    3.54	      9.29	      32.23	   15.04	     6.77

Initially we would like to go with some free solution. Because it will very very difficult to get approval for spending money.
Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.
Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU, memory and disk stats

I've been asked to gather CPU, memory and disk stats in the following format: Cpu_Max Cpu_Min Cpu_Avg Mem_Max Mem_Min Mem_Avg Disk_Max Disk_Min Disk_Avg Can anyone please tell me a command to gather all this info? Thanks! Todd (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungnown.admin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat's cpu stats on first line of output are always the same

Hello, I'm seeing this problem with vmstat, where the first line of output always has the same CPU statistics. For example: neked@nekedmachine:~$ date && vmstat Fri Jul 24 06:57:08 EDT 2009 procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- --system-- -----cpu------ r b swpd ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need suggestion about grep and CPU usage

guys i need suggestion about how to grep cpu usage and then compare it example : if cpu usage <= 40% then print normal and how much cpu usage is or cpu usage between 40%-65% print normal and much cpu usage is i've tried like this one but got error DOMAIN=`uname -n`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashary
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Stats Collection Units information

#!/usr/bin/perl # ## Zabbix_Apache2.pl ## Versions 2.0 # use LWP::Simple; use strict; # my($url)="http://localhost/server-status?auto"; my($server_status)=get($url); my($total_accesses,$total_kbytes,$cpuload,$uptime, $reqpersec,$bytespersec,$bytesperreq,$busyworkers,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivaramakrishn
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU and Memory Statistics Collection Across Many Servers

Hello geeks once again, many thanks for help in times past, you guys are awesome! But am here again, but now this is way heavy for me. Find below for my challenge: *** I need to collect CPU & RAM stats across 26 servers. *** I don't have the luxury of deploying an NMS, if I had it would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion for System Monitoring Tool

We have AIX and RHEL. Need suggestion for system monitoring tool for AIX and RHEL. Free or paid is fine as I would like to compare. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 5 cpu and Mem consuming process and files and suggestion for health check

I am middle of writing health check scripts, can you pls share commands on how I can get cpu and Mem of top consuming process info at the moment? Also can u suggest ideas on what all I can look for as a part do health check on red hat Linux server? I searched on site before posting, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
UP2DATE(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.							UP2DATE(8)

NAME
rhnsd - a program for quering the Red Hat Network for updates and information SYNOPSIS
rhnsd [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
rhnsd is a daemon process that runs in the background and periodically polls the Red Hat Network to see if there are any queued actions available. If any are queued, it runs them. rhnsd is typically started from the init scripts in /etc/init.d/rhnsd when it's time to poll the Red Hat Network servers for available updates and actions. The default interval is every 120 minutes. The minimum polling interval is 60 minutes. To check for updates, rhnsd runs an external program called rhn_check. This is a small application that actually makes the network connec- tion to Red Hat Networks. The rhnsd daemon does not listen on any network ports, nor does it ever talk to the network directly. Any network activity is done via the rhn_check utility. rhnsd can be configure by editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd config file. This is actually the configuration file the rhnsd init script /etc/init.d/rhnsd uses. -i, --interval Specify the interval that rhnsd should wait between checking the Red Hat Network. Default is 120 minutes, the minimum is 60 minutes. This can also be specified in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd -v, --verbose output more information about what rhnsd is doing. -f, --foreground force the rhnds process to run in the foreground instead of automatically backgrounding itself, as it does by default. FILES /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd Configuration settings for the rhnsd daemons init script. /usr/sbin/rhn_check The external program launched by rhnsd to connect to the Red Hat Network and retrieve any actions that have queued up. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid A certification that authenticates the client machine to the Red Hat Network. Generated via the up2date or rhnreg_ks utility. SEE ALSO
The rhnsd daemon is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://www.redhat.com/network> for access or to sign up. rhn_check(8), up2date(8), up2date-config(8), AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> and Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Feb 9 2001 UP2DATE(8)