Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers MySQL Database Missing on UNIX server. Possible to recover? Post 302928288 by SurfMe69 on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 01:30:26 PM
Old 12-10-2014
It looks like the directory with the data is somehow gone - perhaps when MySQL got corrupted and compromised, it just deleted the data (although that seems strange to me). In the database directory, there are a few subdirectories for scripts that I no longer use. But the one that was currently in use is missing, and nobody has a backup.

If there is a way to recover a directory or files in a case like this, I'd be happy to hear it. I do have a few inquiries out to people who do recovery, but I suspect that will be too cost prohibitive.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix database server

hello , guys , im new to unix , just passed out my system admin certification from sun. i need to do few things at home , which are 1. ihave a unix box and windows box wired together using hub , i want to use internet from windows box . i have win98 ist edition , as well as win2000 server. kindly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: definate
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Recover dropped database

I have deleted a database. I restored it again with a backup. Now we lost some data of two days. Is it possible to restore this lost data? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eastme
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Recover Solaris 11 pkg database

Hi, I was messing with pkgsrc and wanted to start fresh so I manually deleted the /var/pkg directory on Solaris 11 :eek: (of course I was supposed to delete the /var/db folder instead)... Anyways... I've basically bricked the Solaris11 Package Manager. Do you know if there is any way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testers1717
1 Replies
Session::Store::MySQL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Session::Store::MySQL(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL - Store persistent data in a MySQL database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a MySQL database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions', or another table name if you provide the TableName argument: id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session text To create this schema, you can execute this command using the mysql program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session text ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are: DataSource UserName Password TableName Handle Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l', TableName => 'sessions' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::MySQL(3)