Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How do I partition an Oracle 11g Table? Post 302928260 by Ditto on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 10:06:16 AM
Old 12-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbngowc
Thanks for checking. I have this query and I thought i understood the interval partitioning, but it's giving me the following error. Can you help with the proper syntax please?

Code:
SQL Error: ORA-14752: Interval expression is not a constant of the correct type

Here is the statement.

Code:
CREATE TABLE "AUDIT_COLLECTION_EVENTS" 
   ("AUDIT_TS" TIMESTAMP (6) DEFAULT sysdate, 
    "AUDIT_ID" NUMBER(20,0) DEFAULT -1, 
     "EVENT_NAME" VARCHAR2(48 CHAR) DEFAULT (null), 
     "EVENT_VALUE" VARCHAR2(256 CHAR) DEFAULT (null), 
    "TABLE_TXN_ID" NUMBER(20,0)
   )
  TABLESPACE "AUDIT"

PARTITION BY RANGE ("AUDIT_TS") INTERVAL (NUMTODSINTERVAL(1,'MONTH')) 
 (PARTITION "PART1"  VALUES LESS THAN (TO_DATE('2014-12-01', 'YYYY-MM-DD'));

You're using "NUMTODSINTERVAL"
you probably want to use: "NUMTOYMINTERVAL"
instead Smilie

Data Types

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

2. Solaris

need help in oracle upgrade from 10g to 11g

Hi , situation has come where in i want to upgrade my database from 10g to 11g ,my code heavily depends on Pro*C , i just want to know if i upgrade my DB from 10g to 11g , will there be any changes in my pro*c compiler ..? if so then wat are the prerequisites i need to check ..? thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)