Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sequence generation in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sequence generation in shell Post 302928234 by tushar.modgil on Wednesday 10th of December 2014 05:03:20 AM
Old 12-10-2014
Desired output is the sequence , where start number is the field 7 and end number is field 8 in the input file.
e.g >> start number - 4021375283 and end number - 4021375682
After this , start and end number will be from next line having same fields 7 and 8
Output will be -
Code:
----till last number--------

Input file has the content mentioned below having 4 rows.
Code:
HPAALI41215,Aalia Enterprises HP,145010,01-JUL-14,,C,4021375283,4021375682 
HPAALI41215,Aalia Enterprises HP,145010,01-NOV-14,,C,4019669798,4019670032 
HPAALI41215,Aalia Enterprises HP,145010,01-NOV-14,,C,4021949831,4021950830 
HPAALI41215,Aalia Enterprises HP,145010,01-NOV-14,,C,4022105356,4022106355

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-10-2014 at 07:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence number generation on a key column

Hi Folks, Can you help me with this issue: I have to generate the numbers say from 1001 for each record in a file based on a key field, the catch is the generated number should be unique based on key column. (EMP_NUMBER) Example: Input File: EMP_NUMBER EMP_NAME 8908 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ID generation in sequence

i have an xml tag. The value for the tag should be iterated through out the xml document. eg: <data><id><id><name>a</name><addr>aaa</addr><phnumb>3456</phnumb><state>ca</state><city>ny</city></data>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : Help Me for this sequence

I have two input files (given below) and to compare each line of the File1 with each line of File2 starts with '>sample1'. If a match occurs and that matched line in the File2 contains another line or sequence of lines starting with "Chr" they have to be displayed in output file with that sample.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for this sequence to compare

I have two input files (given below) and to compare each line of the File1 with each line of File2 starts with '>sample1'. If a match occurs and that matched line in the File2 contains another line or sequence of lines starting with "Chr" they have to be displayed in output file with that sample.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for this sequence

KINDLY HELP ME FOR SHELL SCRIPTING FOR THIS TASK. My input file consists of thousands of sequence in this format. The given input file consists of four sequences which are starting with ‘>’ symbol (each sequence shown in different colour for easy understanding). I have to use a command at $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswapnadevi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sequence number merged with hypen, shell script

Hello Folks, i have to write shell scripting for given expected output manner. in given input we have to write shell script in such a way that sequence no can b merged/link between start and end digit with hyphen "-" symbol and rest of digit separated by "," Eg : For Input "2 6 7 8 11 12... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchalh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic file generation using shell

I have to generate the file dynamically from the source file based on the below control file. control_file.txt 1,3,5,-1,8,-1,4 The control file contain the position of column which i required from the source file, Example 1 column ,3 column ,5 column ,blank column(-1 indicates blank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will shell script executes in sequence

I have a shell script scheduled in cron job to run at every 1 minute which transfers files to remote machine and then move the files to backup folder. cd /u01/app/ftp_tmp sftp user@hostname <<-EOF cd /home/user/ftp mput * bye EOF mv /u01/app/ftp_tmp/* /u01/app/ftp_bkp Now the problem is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)