Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GNU Barcodes
Operating Systems Linux Debian GNU Barcodes Post 302928202 by Meow613 on Tuesday 9th of December 2014 11:49:59 PM
Old 12-10-2014
GNU Barcodes

I wish to be able to print a barcode .5 inches from top of the page and centered.

I generate the barcode -

Code:
yes 12345 | head -84 | barcode -p 5x5.0cm -umm  -e CODE39 > test.ps;

and print -

Code:
lpr -o media=letter -#1  -P LJ1012 /var/www/test.ps -o page-top=33 -o page-bottom=44 -o page-left=60 -o page-right=80

The barcode is
upside down
not centered
at the very top and truncated
and multiple copies are printed

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-10-2014 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to print barcodes?

Hello All, I need to print barcodes on reports being generated/printed on a Unix server. I think I can do this using a combination of PCL and TrueType fonts, but I'm not exactly sure how. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdrumb
3 Replies

2. Programming

Gnu C

hello, i have use only TURBO C for programming.i used to did only on windows OS. but now i am trying to program on Linux systems.so i heard about GNU C tools and compiler. i am a bit confused and i want to know a very simplified answer for it. can anybody help me. what a heck is this GNU...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Date

I know there are some posts on getting the time with milliseconds included and I realize unix may not be the best on this. I have seem some posts where its advised to install the GNU date. Any one know where I can download this as I am struggling to find it. Alternatively - if you have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

loading barcodes

Does anyone know how I can upload a barcode into UNIX? I want to scan the product and load it into the UNIX system. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Albright Weldin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GNU Regex

I'm just learning Regex and while testing my understanding I received some unexpected results. I created example.txt with the text "abcddd". Running the command grep --color 'd' example.txt I received the results: "abcddd" with the first and second letter d highlighted in red. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rthomas529
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU = inventions that nobody wants?

Stumbled over this today on GNU/Linux, output from ps -fp : UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3516 1 0 2017 ? 00:00:13 syslogd -m 0 UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD syslog 2952 1 0 2017 ? 00:02:08 rsyslogdSTIME showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
8 Replies
Barcode::NW7(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Barcode::NW7(3)

NAME
GD::Barcode::NW7 - Create NW7 barcode image with GD SYNOPSIS
ex. CGI use GD::Barcode::NW7; binmode(STDOUT); print "Content-Type: image/png "; print GD::Barcode::NW7->new('123456789012')->plot->png; with Error Check my $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::NW7->new('123456789E'); die $GD::Barcode::NW7::errStr unless($oGdBar); #Invalid Characters DESCRIPTION
GD::Barcode::NW7 is a subclass of GD::Barcode and allows you to create NW7 barcode image with GD. This module based on "Generate Barcode Ver 1.02 By Shisei Hanai 97/08/22". new $oGdBar = GD::Barcode::NW7->new($sTxt); Constructor. Creates a GD::Barcode::NW7 object for $sTxt. $sTxt has variable length string with (0-9, - $ / . + ABCD). plot() $oGd = $oGdBar->plot([Height => $iHeight, NoText => 0 | 1]); creates GD object with barcode image for the $sTxt specified at new method. $iHeight is height of the image. If NoText is 1, the image has no text image of $sTxt. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::NW7->new('123456789012'); my $oGD = $oGdB->plot(NoText=>1, Height => 20); # $sGD is a GD image with Height=>20 pixels, with no text. barcode() $sPtn = $oGdBar->barcode(); returns a barcode pattern in string with '1' and '0'. '1' means black, '0' means white. ex. my $oGdB = GD::Barcode::NW7->new('123456789012'); my $sPtn = $oGdB->barcode(); # $sPtn = ''; $errStr $GD::Barcode::NW7::errStr has error message. $text $oGdBar->{$text} has barcode text based on $sTxt specified in new method. AUTHOR
Kawai Takanori GCD00051@nifty.ne.jp COPYRIGHT
The GD::Barocde::NW7 module is Copyright (c) 2000 Kawai Takanori. Japan. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
GD::Barcode perl v5.16.3 2003-05-29 Barcode::NW7(3)