Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Connection is broken because of underlying network issues Post 302928195 by vbe on Tuesday 9th of December 2014 04:55:36 PM
Old 12-09-2014
network speed mismatch?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover X Forwarding after broken connection

Hello, today I logged in on a remote machine via "ssh -X ..." and started a screen session. In this i started OpenOffice.org writer by writing "oowriter". After some time the connection got lost (The network here is quite unstable). Now I logged in again via "ssh -X ...". The screen session is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schola
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed connection issues

I'm trying to use Exceed 7.1 to connect to a Solaris server (T2000, running Solaris 10). What are the settings that should be specified on Solaris to enable this connectivity to happen? I'm getting connection issues. Is there a type of service that needs to be running? If sombody can give a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Hi All, We use tomcat web server and it will get terminated with below error: connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown) Please let me know how to fix this error. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP connection Bash script issues

Hello I need assistance with a bash script that needs to tell me whether in the last "x" days (which is a variable) anyone connected to the xxxx IP (which is another variable). Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Melchiah
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

clstat X connection ... broken ?

Hi. Could you help me with this problem ? When I run clstat then I got this error message: 1:root@test1:/root # clstat X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). I got the same error for both nodes. If I would run xclstat I would understand that there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lftp connection issues

Hi guys, We are receiving fatal error while trying to use lftp client to connect to an external server using ftps protocol. It seems to connect but when I issue 'ls' command, it fails with below error: $ lftp -u user,pwd ftps://<URL>:990/Submit lftp user@URL:~> ls ls: Fatal error:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nice_chapp
0 Replies

7. AIX

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I want to run applet on AIX 6 machine. I already have setup $DISPLAY variable for putty session by selecting X11 option. I got below error for any X related commands (xclock, X, applet viewer ) X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). Please can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailas.girase
0 Replies
ftpservers(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - ftpd virtual hosting configuration specification file SYNPOSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is used to tell which set of virtual domain configuration files that the server should use. With support, wu-ftpd has the ability to use separate configuration files for each virtual domain. For a virtual host, configuration files can be placed into a separate virtual domain directory. The directory path and the virtual host IP address that is to use those configuration files is listed in the file. The actual configuration files put into the virtual domain direc- tory MUST be named as follows: virtual domain's access file. restrict the accounts that can use the web server." SITE GROUP and SITE GPASS support." allow or deny usernames access to that virtual server." customize conversions available in the virtual domain." You do not need to put every file in each of the virtual domain directories. If you want a set of domains to use the master copy of a file, for example, the file, then do not include that file in those virtual domain directories. In that case the default master copy will be used. The file names must match those listed above. If you misspell any of them or name them something else, the server WILL NOT find them and the master copy of them will be used instead. ftpservers File Format There are two fields to each entry. For example: When an ftp client connects to the server, tries to match the IP address the ftp client connected to with one found in the file. If a match is found the path to the specified directory containing the configuration files for that specific domain is returned. The server uses any configuration files in that directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of in the example above fails the check for a specific directory and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual domain. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual domain as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues. Comment lines are depicted with a # sign. Both comment lines and blanklines are ignored. FILES
AUTHOR
was developed by the Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri. SEE ALSO
ftpd(1M) , ftpaccess(4) , ftpconversions(4) , ftphosts(4). ftpservers(4)