Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux) Post 302928188 by Corona688 on Tuesday 9th of December 2014 04:05:43 PM
Old 12-09-2014
You are running what's essentially a terminal... It doesn't do everything by itself, it just connects to a server. On a local system, it usually connects to the server through a UNIX domain socket.

Not finding a socket usually means the daemon isn't running.

How to fix this depends on your system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] mysql.sock is missing..

mysql.sock file is missing in /opt/lampp/etc/ is there any backup file available in unix... since without that file .. project is not opening.. reply me as soon as possible ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
19 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL missing my.cnf

Hi, SLES11 : I've installed the following MySQL Package: MySQL-client-community-5.1.54-1.sles11.x86_64 MySQL-devel-community-5.1.54-1.sles11.x86_64 MySQL-server-community-5.1.54-1.sles11.x86_64 MySQL-shared-community-5.1.54-1.sles11.x86_64Problem: I don't see any my.cnf file (find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL Database Missing on UNIX server. Possible to recover?

My dedicated server is VERY old (running Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510). We have a script that runs and manages our customer database. Early in the morning last Friday, it was working fine and processed data as usual. Later in the day, we got this error: Cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SurfMe69
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

hi i started in the apache userdirectory and virtual host now iwant installtion wordpress in home one of the useres But this error is Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress. And the configuration files and other items I was enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
MYSQLD(8)						       MySQL Database System							 MYSQLD(8)

NAME
mysqld - the MySQL server SYNOPSIS
mysqld [options] DESCRIPTION
mysqld, also known as MySQL Server, is the main program that does most of the work in a MySQL installation. MySQL Server manages access to the MySQL data directory that contains databases and tables. The data directory is also the default location for other information such as log files and status files. Note Some installation packages contain a debugging version of the server named mysqld-debug. Invoke this version instead of mysqld for debugging support, memory allocation checking, and trace file support (see Section 28.5.1.2, "Creating Trace Files"). When MySQL server starts, it listens for network connections from client programs and manages access to databases on behalf of those clients. The mysqld program has many options that can be specified at startup. For a complete list of options, run this command: shell> mysqld --verbose --help MySQL Server also has a set of system variables that affect its operation as it runs. System variables can be set at server startup, and many of them can be changed at runtime to effect dynamic server reconfiguration. MySQL Server also has a set of status variables that provide information about its operation. You can monitor these status variables to access runtime performance characteristics. For a full description of MySQL Server command options, system variables, and status variables, see Section 5.1, "The MySQL Server". For information about installing MySQL and setting up the initial configuration, see Chapter 2, Installing and Upgrading MySQL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.7 06/07/2018 MYSQLD(8)