Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to know exactly which physical partion contains data? Post 302928081 by bobochacha29 on Monday 8th of December 2014 09:42:31 PM
Old 12-08-2014
How to know exactly which physical partion contains data?

Code:
/dev/fslv01        5.00      2.90   42%      776     1% /movelv_test

Code:
fslv01:/movelv_test
LP    PP1  PV1               PP2  PV2               PP3  PV3
0001  0175 hdisk1            0111 hdisk0            
0002  0176 hdisk1            0112 hdisk0            
0003  0177 hdisk1            0113 hdisk0            
0004  0178 hdisk1            0114 hdisk0            
0005  0179 hdisk1            0115 hdisk0            
0006  0180 hdisk1            0116 hdisk0            
0007  0181 hdisk1            0117 hdisk0            
0008  0182 hdisk1            0118 hdisk0            
0009  0183 hdisk1            0119 hdisk0            
0010  0184 hdisk1            0120 hdisk0            
0011  0185 hdisk1            0121 hdisk0            
0012  0186 hdisk1            0122 hdisk0            
0013  0187 hdisk1            0123 hdisk0            
0014  0188 hdisk1            0124 hdisk0            
0015  0189 hdisk1            0125 hdisk0            
0016  0190 hdisk1            0126 hdisk0            
0017  0191 hdisk1            0127 hdisk0            
0018  0192 hdisk1            0128 hdisk0            
0019  0193 hdisk1            0129 hdisk0            
0020  0194 hdisk1            0130 hdisk0

Hi.
This is information of filesystem /movelv_test. It only used 42% capacity / 20 physical partions ( PP ) each PV. As I understand, it means that only 8 PP on each PV contain data, 12 PP remaining on each PV are assigned to logical volume fslv01 but have no data. Is this true ???
If yes, how to know exactly which PP contains data.
Thank for read.

Last edited by bobochacha29; 12-09-2014 at 02:30 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partion size

hi, just need to know the disk size and the partition size on machine.pls let me know how to do that.is their a way i can get to know the size of directory.like /,/var...etc. thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saood
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

3. Linux

Doing stuff to files on a NTFS partion from linux

I have a 50GB section of my hard drive on which I've kept all my music, movies and more back from when I had Windows. When I'm in linux it says that the NTFS section is a read only section. Is it possible to copy, rename, add, move or delete any files off of this section? I'm trying to get rid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partion Magic problems.

Hiya people, A great big "HI" to everybody. I'm new to the Forum and now to my problem(s). I am about to partition my only 80GB HD and using the Partition Magic 8 software it looks fairly simple although here is my problem :- 1. Do I change the new partition to primary or logical? 2. Do I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syndrome_00
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create on partion from 2 disks?

Hi everyone :b: I'm glade to join this forum and I have one question I installed latest Solaris 10 release on SF V480 with 2 73 GB disks 8 GB RAM 4 CPU's My configuration is 10GB for root, 8GB for Swap and 12GB for var. I mirrored root, so disk 1 has 40GB free of space and disk 2 has... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto XP partion restore

At my computer shop where I work, we got alot of used PC's from some place. It's my job to refurbish them for resale. Each computer comes with XP pro. So the boss man asks me if there is a way to put a XP restore option. I say yes if I install Linux on a small partion and use partimage to make a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zewbie
1 Replies

8. Linux

Centos 5 install. Partion order

I can't control the partion order during install. For example i need. hda5 /var 1GB hda6 /opt 2GB I created them in such order but OS adjust them to hda5 /opt 2GB hda6 /var 1GB It is frustrating during install, I pretty sure I can order the partion as i like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
0 Replies

9. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)