Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding Files only under a specific FileSystem Post 302928002 by Don Cragun on Monday 8th of December 2014 07:21:20 AM
Old 12-08-2014
Does:
Code:
find /nhdb -xdev ...

meet your needs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding specific values in a within a file

Hi everyone, Can anyone guide me on how to search through a huge file and look on specific column and if it finds a discrepancy on that column that does not conform to the specified criteria, ie (1) Numeric and (3) alpha chars F123 or G333..etc, etc! then idientify it and redirect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a specific pattern from thousands of files ????

Hi All, I want to find a specific pattern from approximately 400000 files on solaris platform. Its very heavy for me to grep that pattern to each file individually. Can anybody suggest me some way to search for specific pattern (alpha numeric) from these forty thousand files. Please note that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding largest directories in a filesystem

I'm trying to come up with a way of finding largest directories in a filesystem (let's say filesystems is running ot of space and I need to find what is consuming all the space). If a directory is a single filesystem, then it's easy, I just run "du -sk *| sort -nr". But the problem is, if some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with finding specific files

before i get to it, i would like to say this is the greatest unix site ive ever seen, and im glad to see so many people are out there to help. thanks well, im trying to make myself a script where i can specify a directory and a file size so that my script will show me any files larger than the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxlaptop
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding file in specific subdirectories

Hi experts problem: i have a directory "DATA" with lots of subdirectories named as date with hudge data containning files. Directory = "DATA" subdirectory = "20090611" & "20090612" ...... 20090611 = thousands of files i wanna apply find command to find all files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a specific word

Hi, I am trying to develop a script which should find a word if a particular word exists. Below is the content of the file. insert_job: test_job ----> job name days_of_week: all start_times: "16:00" date_conditions: 1 insert_job: test_job2 ----> job name days_of_week: all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpatty
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding file with a specific range

Hi All, Thanks in advance File is generated with following format 31000000.xml to 48999999.xml 74000000.xml to 88999999.xml Above range should be find and moved into the folder named abc and below is another range should should be find and moved into folder named xyz ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding 4 current files having specific File Name pattern

Hi All, I am trying to find 4 latest files inside one folder having following File Name pattern and store them into 4 different variables and then use for processing in my shell script. File name is fixed length. 1) Each file starts with = ABCJmdmfbsjop letters + 7 Digit Number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines of specific size in files using sed

i am using sed to detect any lines that are not exactly 21. the following gives me the lines that ARE exactly 21. i want the opposite , i want the two lines that are not size 21 (shown in bold) type a.a 000008050110010201NNN 000008060810010201NNN 21212000008070110010201NNN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)