Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data manipulating script. Please HELP! Post 302927922 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 7th of December 2014 12:23:32 PM
Old 12-07-2014
OK Zhen. That seems straightforward. Do you need the formatting preserved or would this do?
Code:
awk '
  END { 
    print "TER",NR+1
    for(i=1; i<=NR; i++) print "CONNECT", i, (i==1?x:i-1),(i==NR?x:i+1)
  }

{ 
    $2=NR
    sub(1,"M",$3)
    sub(2,"D",$3)
    $4="ETH"
    $5=int((NR+1)/2)
  }
' OFS='\t' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating data in variable

Hi, I have two variables - A and B - containing a bunch of file paths. I am comparing them and when I find a match I want to remove that entry from A so that as the compare proceeds A shrinks entry by entry. How can I remove a matched entry from A whilst leaving the non matched entries... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help is manipulating a file with some arithmetic operations using bash script

Friends, I have a file with contents like: interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/1:0 encapsulation mfr multilink group 101 Now I need to manipulate the file in such a way that to all the numbers less than 163, 63 gets added and to all numbers greater than 163, 63 gets deducted.(The numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrijith1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Pick multi dimensional data with awk.

Hi. I am reasonably new to awk, but have done quite a lot of unix scripting in the past. I have resolved the issues below with unix scripting but it runs like a dog. Moved to awk for speed and functionality but running up a big learning curve in a hurry, so hope there is some help here. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike.strategis
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Manipulating Data

Hi. I haven't had to write bash scripts in a long time and have a simple task to do, but need some help: Input: chrY:22627291-22651542 chrY:23045932-23070172 chrY:23684890-23696359 chrY:25318610-25330083 chrY:25451096-25462570 chr10:1054847-1061799 chr10:1058606-1080131... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awknerd
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulating data

Hi guys Firstly, I'd like to say hi and how great this forum is. I'm not new to UNIX but am relatively new to scripting. I have a personal project that I'm working on just to try and speed up my learning. I working with a text file, well more of a logfile really. It has several columns of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd69
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from two files and manipulating the data

hi i have a file of the following format FILE1 5 937 8 1860 1850 1 683 2 1 129 2 2 5 938 8 1122 1123 1 20 520 4 1860 1851 1 5 939 8 1122 1124 1 20 521 4i have another file which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with manipulating the output on a script

Hi All, I have a question on eliminating spaces from a output. A command returns me output like this Attribute Value --------------- --------------- Total Capacity 500 GB Utilization 10 % ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating xml data with awk

Hi everyone, I have a little bit of complicated task to finish with AWK. Here it is; I have a data file in xml format which looks like this <data> a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 e1 e2 e3 e4 e5 </data> lets say each data block contains 5 rows and 5 columns,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating variables in shell script

Hello, I know this should be simple but cant find a solution yet.I have the following in a sh script called "var" #!/bin/bash var1=0 And on another script called "main" I use a if construct: #!/bin/bash . var if then Do this else do that fi Now in "do this" part,I have to change... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijai
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Data Records for reporting

Hello All, I have Data Records (DRs) with the following format: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies
VIEWPERL(1)							   User Commands						       VIEWPERL(1)

NAME
viewperl - quickly view syntax highlighted Perl code SYNOPSIS
viewperl [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
View a Perl source code file, syntax highlighted. -c, --code=CODE view CODE, syntax highlighted -l, --lines display line numbers -L, --no-lines supress display of line numbers (default) -m, --module=FILE consider FILE the name of a module, not a file name -n, --name display the name of each file (default) -N, --no-name supress display of file names (implied by --no-reset) -p, --pod display inline POD documentation (default) -P, --no-pod hide POD documentation (line numbers still increment) -r, --reset reset formatting and line numbers each file (default) -R, --no-reset supress resetting of formatting and line numbers -s, --shift=WIDTH set tab width (default is 4) -t, --tabs translate tabs into spaces (default) -T, --no-tabs supress translating of tabs into spaces --help display this help and exit Note that module names should be given as they would appear after a Perl `use' or `require' statement. `Getopt::Long', for example. Each string given using -c is considered a different file, so line number and formatting resets will apply. View a Perl source code file, syntax highlighted. -c, --code=CODE view CODE, syntax highlighted -l, --lines display line numbers -L, --no-lines supress display of line numbers (default) -m, --module=FILE consider FILE the name of a module, not a file name -n, --name display the name of each file (default) -N, --no-name supress display of file names (implied by --no-reset) -p, --pod display inline POD documentation (default) -P, --no-pod hide POD documentation (line numbers still increment) -r, --reset reset formatting and line numbers each file (default) -R, --no-reset supress resetting of formatting and line numbers -s, --shift=WIDTH set tab width (default is 4) -t, --tabs translate tabs into spaces (default) -T, --no-tabs supress translating of tabs into spaces --help display this help and exit Note that module names should be given as they would appear after a Perl `use' or `require' statement. `Getopt::Long', for example. Each string given using -c is considered a different file, so line number and formatting resets will apply. viewperl August 2007 VIEWPERL(1)