Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 11 SPARC GUI
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 SPARC GUI Post 302927889 by Don Cragun on Sunday 7th of December 2014 12:20:05 AM
Old 12-07-2014
Please show us the exact diagnostic ksh (or something your script invoked) printed.

What editor did you use to create your script?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

First of all, I want to salute everybody. Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. :) I decide to install Solaris 7, in a sun sparcstation 5, with raid5. And I don't know almost anything about unix systems, not only Solaris. :) I want to install mysql, apache, php4. I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

08-11-2005, 03:23 PM I posted the below thread in UNIX for dummies Questions and Answers. I thank the guy who posted a proposition to resolve my problem. I decided to repost the problem here. Who knows :) So, here it goes: Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. I decide to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris GUI

am a newbie to solaris. can some one tell me whether solaris v10.0 comes with GUI or not? if there is GUI, how do we switch between GUI and commandline.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

GUI for Gutsy running a SPARC Machine

I am having a hard time trying to find a repository that supports Gutsy 7.10 SPARC (I'm running a Sun Blade 1000 with an Ultra SPARC processor). Any idea how i can get a gui on my machine? Thanks in advance for the help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 GUI

Hello there:- Firstly, I think its probably a good idea to tell you i'm a bit of a Unix novice coming from the world of Windows but i'm getting there. I've had Ubuntu working at home on VirtualBox with a nice GUI, but i'm having an issue with Solaris 10. I have at work a Solaris 10 machine... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midlandmonkey
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)