Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cash Register Change Program
Top Forums Programming Cash Register Change Program Post 302927888 by ongoto on Sunday 7th of December 2014 12:18:15 AM
Old 12-07-2014
@ totoro125
You give me all kinds of ideas. Smilie

You could have two classes and keep transactions separated.

Class CashRegister
An accounting of the bills/coins that should be in your drawer.
date
ones = 1;
fives = 5;
tens = 10;
twenties = 20;
coins...

def bills - add/subtract

def coins - add/subtract

def report

Class Transaction
Keeping track of bills/coins recieved for each exchange.
record
transaction_id
date
sale_amount
tendered_amount
change_amount
tender
bills
coins
change
bills
coins

def update register

def calculate change

Figure out the largest bills/coins to give as change amount.
Update the register.
---------
To start (instantiate) a transaction you would give each a unique name -- something like...

tx1 = Transaction()
call the methods using the new instance name..
tx1.method(param)
...and then append them to a list
txList.append(tx1)

Do the register the same way...
regToday = CashRegister()
This User Gave Thanks to ongoto For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Program Change Question

I am an IT auditor with a big 4 accounting firm and am cur the process of conducting an application program change audit for a large public company related to Sarbanes Oxley. This is my first time using this forum and need some assistance in verifying a fact that I believe to be true. My client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpp122
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script/program to change the password ?

hi, Somebody have or known where i can find a perl small perl program to change the password. The point: First it verify is the user exist, checking the old typed password and replace it with new. The passwords must be encoded. Thanks, very much! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kad
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding register set being used in program

How can i find( or list) contents of all registers being used by my program? Is there any system call or library available for this?:confused: At runtime in my c/c++ program. At runtime using may be some assembly hack!!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit gangarade
2 Replies

4. Programming

Change Pseudo Code to C Program (print and fork)

I am very new at programming and this is probably an easy question, but I am desperate. I need to change this low level code into a C program that I can run so I can print out every "A" that appears with the fork() command. You help is greatly appreciated. PRINT A p=fork() if( p == 0) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpommm
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation)

I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen to enter 3 users details. help please on the coding The users details need to be in a txt file: the details are: (PIN No, First name last name, Account number, Balance, Histrosy) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oobla01
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobla01
2 Replies

7. Debian

Change the privileges needed to run a program

Hi everyone, I have an issue with a project of mine. I have to run a program on a terminal which requires to be logged in as su to have it run it. Given that I'm having problem to use expect to give the password I'd like to change the privilege of that program from SU to normal user ( I have the SU... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaisselick87
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to different user id inside a program

Hi, There is a process ( built in C/C++) which starts with my user id and I need to execute a specific function with a different user id. Is there any api so that I provide userid, passwd and the next instance the process will have the new user id privileges. - Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_pranava
3 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)