Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Frugal installation on WIN 7 no admin rights Post 302927855 by Corona688 on Saturday 6th of December 2014 09:39:58 AM
Old 12-06-2014
Installing to the USB won't really "wear it out".

If you have no admin rights you'll need to boot from a livecd or the like to begin the process. If your laptop has no cdrom you'll need an external one.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give Admin rights to a group

Hi can some one help me in giving a group Administrative rights in Linux. So that who ever is added to that group has the rights equal to the Admin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi_mantena
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

3. Solaris

New user question regarding admin rights

I'm trying to install OpenOffice on Solaris 11 but when I click on the setup icon I get an error message telling me that I need to have admin rights. I've tried logging on as SU or ROOT but cannot. I don't see how to grant myself admin rights. How is it done ? I know there are many many... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stansaraczewski
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
USB_TEMPLATE(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   USB_TEMPLATE(4)

NAME
usb_template -- USB templates SYNOPSIS
To compile this module into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device usb_template To load the module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): usb_template_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The usb_template module implements various USB templates that are needed when programming an USB device side driver. A USB template consists of an USB device descriptor, one or more USB configuration descriptors, one or more USB interface descriptors, one or more USB endpoint descriptors, USB strings and additional USB descriptors. The USB template module currently has templates for USB Mass Storage, USB CDC Eth- ernet and Message Transfer Protocol. USB templates are currently selected using the "hw.usb.template" sysctl. The "hw.usb.template" value can be changed at any time, but will not have any effect until the USB device has been re-enumerated. SEE ALSO
usb(4) STANDARDS
The usb_template module complies to the USB 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 standard. HISTORY
The usb_template module was written by Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
March 18, 2014 BSD