Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading and Writing a conf file - Suggestions and improvements? Post 302927832 by sea on Friday 5th of December 2014 09:23:17 PM
Old 12-05-2014
Yes, sorry i guess this one belongs to the cathegory of 'unclear description'.

Its exactly what i needed!
And finaly figured why it did fail on some values but not on others while trying to get it working...
i had removed spaces... bad idea... :doh:

But you mix the both... the variable i use as SED-DIVIDER is required, because even with ' strings, it fails if there is the same char within any part of the strings to work with.
But thanks to your saying i had another look and could shorten it a little.

EDIT:
Updated attached file tui-conf-set.sh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading and Writing file on LAN

Hi gurus I am not a C programmer but I need to read and write files on a computer on LAN using IP address. Suppose on a computer that has an IP 192.168.0.2 Any help or code example. I did in JAVA using URL, but do not know how to do in ANSI-C. In java: ------- URL url = new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky001
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading ,writing,appending ,manipulating a file.

Hi my prob statement is to create a new file or to append to the 1tst file the followign chages. File 1: txt file. portfolio No a b c d abc 1 Any Any Any charString cds 2 values values values charString efd 3 can can can charString fdg 4 come come come charString... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log File Writing and Reading

Hi all, I have the following shell script code which tries to sftp and writes the log into the log file. TestConnection () { echo 'Connection to ' $DESTUSERNAME@$DESTHOSTNAME $SETDEBUG if ]; then rm $SCRIPT ; fi touch $SCRIPT echo "cd" $REMOTEDIR >> $SCRIPT echo "quit" >>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
10 Replies

4. Programming

I need help with file reading/writing in C

Hello everybody, I'm trying to code a program which makes the following: It sends an ARP request frame and when it gets the reply, extracts the IP address of source and writes it to a .txt file. This is gonna be done with many hosts (with a for() loop), so, the text file would look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from DataBase and Writing to a file

Hi All, Please help me in writing data to a file in one row. In database there is a column which contains large data which does not fit in the file in one row. The column contains list of paths. I want to write these paths to a file in one row. Please find the code below writes : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

7. Programming

unexpected values received when writing and reading from file

In the code below i try to write and read from a file, but i get unexpected results, like after writing i cannot open the file, and when reading the file the value entered earlier is not shown bool creat_fragments(int nFragment) { int fd, rand_value; char frag_path, buf; for(int... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saman_glorious
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file extracting information writing to a file

Hi I am trying to extract information out of a file but keep getting grep cant open errors the code is below: #bash #extract orders with blank address details # # obtain the current date # set today to the current date ccyymmdd format today=`date +%c%m%d | cut -c24-31` echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and writing in same file

Hi All, Here is my requirement. I am grepping through the log files and cutting some fields from the file to generate a csv file. Now I have to check if 2nd field is having some fixed value then with the help of 4th field I have to look in same log and run another grep command to retrieve the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions on quality reading

I try to search and read about bash scripting. So far Ive read a few of these: The Beginner Guide to Writing Linux Shell Scripts BASH Programming - Introduction HOW-TO An A-Z Index of the Bash command line for Linux. unix help but I am a visual person that learns from repetition and errors.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
1 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)