Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do you find max filesize with inode information ? Post 302927781 by jim mcnamara on Friday 5th of December 2014 12:11:18 PM
Old 12-05-2014
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find out pathname from inode number

Hi all when I execute pmap command on one of my daemon process, I am able to see the following output. Address Kbytes RSS Anon Locked Mode Mapped File 00010000 40 40 - - r-x-- irs026bmd 00028000 56 56 16 - rwx-- irs026bmd 00036000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

fd.file-max against inode

Hi, If inodes need to be 3-4 times greater than fd.file-max. Can you modify the current inode in the filesystem? Can you modify it on the fly? Or only in the creation of FS. I'm using redhat ent 4. Thank you for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to access inode information

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum. Can any one tell me, how to access an inode using c program. What are all the header files, functions(APIs) and libraries etc required to do that.?:confused: Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanan_c
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find max number

Hi, i have a file with numbers in it and i was wondering if there's a script i could use to find the max number and have that printed to a new file? example a.txt 18 26 47 34 27 so find the max number in a.txt and print it to b.txt. Thanks! (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonbaby
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find max number in a set

Is there a simple way of calculating the max number in a set of variables, so a=1 b=3 c=6 d=30 something that says e=max($a, $b, $c, $d) I've found a way to do it using: a="1" b="3" c="5" d="50" if ; then t=$a else (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find max value in a tabular data?

FILE_NAME VER TYPE DELETED_DATE CREATED_DATE SIZE LOCATION hello 1 d 2010-08-09 2010-08-09 4096 /home/xxxxx/project/ hello 2 d 2010-08-09 2010-08-09 4096 /home/xxxxx/project/ hello 3 d 2010-08-09 2010-08-09 4096 /home/xxxxx/project/ hello 4 d 2010-08-09 2010-08-09 4096 /home/xxxxx/project/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: classic
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find min and max value for each column!

Hello Experts, I have got a txt files which has multiple columns, I want to get the max, min and diff (max-min) for each column in the same txt file. Example: cat file.txt a 1 4 b 2 5 c 3 6 I want ouput like: cat file.txt a 1 4 b 2 5 c 3 6 Max 3 6 Min 1 4 Diff 2 2 awk 'min=="" ||... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find max value problem

I have a file about cpu load like this (the first column is time, the second column is cpu load): 11:34:01 0.10 11:34:37 0.05 11:35:13 0.03 11:35:59 0.06 11:38:00 0.02 11:38:09 0.17 11:39:48 0.06 I need to find the max value of the second column so I write the script as follows max=0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find the max

Experts, Here is my question. I have got file like below # cat file XYZb,24,26,6 XYZc,24,26,6 XYZe,24,25,5 XYZf,23,29,5 XYZi,16,25,5 XYZj,24,26,7 XYZn,17,23,4 XYZz,23,29,5 Now, I want to print the line's Column1 whose Column 3 is the max of all. My code is awk -F',' 'BEGIN {max... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Max value of line and print

I need to find the max value of all columns except the 1st column and print the answer along with the 1st column. Input 123xyz 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 234xyz 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 345xyz 0 0 1 0 0 0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
8 Replies
SETQUOTA(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SETQUOTA(8)

NAME
setquota - set disk quotas SYNOPSIS
setquota [ -rm ] [ -u | -g ] [ -F quotaformat ] name block-softlimit block-hardlimit inode-softlimit inode-hardlimit -a | filesystem... setquota [ -rm ] [ -u | -g ] [ -F quotaformat ] [ -p protoname ] name -a | filesystem... setquota -b [ -rm ] [ -u | -g ] [ -F quotaformat ] -a | filesystem... setquota -t [ -u | -g ] [ -F quotaformat ] block-grace inode-grace -a | filesystem... setquota -T [ -u | -g ] [ -F quotaformat ] name block-grace inode-grace -a | filesystem... DESCRIPTION
setquota is a command line quota editor. The filesystem, user/group name and new quotas for this filesystem can be specified on the com- mand line. Note that if a number is given in the place of a user/group name it is treated as an UID/GID. -r, --remote Edit also remote quota use rpc.rquotad on remote server to set quota. This option is available only if quota tools were compiled with enabled support for setting quotas over RPC. -m, --no-mixed-pathnames Currently, pathnames of NFSv4 mountpoints are sent without leading slash in the path. rpc.rquotad uses this to recognize NFSv4 mounts and properly prepend pseudoroot of NFS filesystem to the path. If you specify this option, setquota will always send paths with a leading slash. This can be useful for legacy reasons but be aware that quota over RPC will stop working if you are using new rpc.rquotad. -F, --format=quotaformat Perform setting for specified format (ie. don't perform format autodetection). Possible format names are: vfsold Original quota format with 16-bit UIDs / GIDs, vfsv0 Quota format with 32-bit UIDs / GIDs, 64-bit space usage, 32-bit inode usage and limits, vfsv1 Quota format with 64-bit quota limits and usage, rpc (quota over NFS), xfs (quota on XFS filesystem) -u, --user Set user quotas for named user. This is the default. -g, --group Set group quotas for named group. -p, --prototype=protoname Use quota settings of user or group protoname to set the quota for the named user or group. --always-resolve Always try to translate user / group name to uid / gid even if the name is composed of digits only. -b, --batch Read information to set from stdin (input format is name block-softlimit block-hardlimit inode-softlimit inode-hardlimit ). Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored. -c, --continue-batch If parsing of an input line in batch mode fails, continue with processing the next line. -t, --edit-period Set grace times for users/groups. Times block-grace and inode-grace are specified in seconds. -T, --edit-times Alter times for individual user/group when softlimit is enforced. Times block-grace and inode-grace are specified in seconds or can be string 'unset'. -a, --all Go through all filesystems with quota in /etc/mtab and perform setting. block-softlimit and block-hardlimit are interpreted as multiples of kibibyte (1024 bytes) blocks by default. Symbols K, M, G, and T can be appended to numeric value to express kibibytes, mebibytes, gibibytes, and tebibytes. inode-softlimit and inode-hardlimit are interpreted literally. Symbols k, m, g, and t can be appended to numeric value to express multiples of 10^3, 10^6, 10^9, and 10^12 inodes. To disable a quota, set the corresponding parameter to 0. To change quotas for several filesystems, invoke once for each filesystem. Only the super-user may edit quotas. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/mtab mounted filesystem table SEE ALSO
edquota(8), quota(1), quotactl(2), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) SETQUOTA(8)