Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find files modified in previous minute only Post 302927675 by Don Cragun on Thursday 4th of December 2014 02:44:30 PM
Old 12-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjv
Thanks

between dates working in this way

Code:
touch -t 201412031400 first && touch -t 201412031459 last && find / -newer first ! -newer last

appreciate for your answers

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use CODE tags for code, files, input and output/errors
It makes it much easier to read and multiple spaces are respected which can be important for formatting or fixed-width input
And to get the output in the same format as the output from ls -la, try:
Code:
touch -t 201412031400 first && touch -t 201412031459 last && find / -newer first ! -newer last -exec ls -ld '{}' +

or, if you only want regular files to be included in the output:
Code:
touch -t 201412031400 first && touch -t 201412031459 last && find / -type f -newer first ! -newer last -exec ls -l '{}' +

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find files modified in a specific month

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omer_ome
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files modified more than a day

Hi All, I am using the below command to check the files modified within last 24hours find /home/karthik -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; What parameter do i need to add in the above command to check the files modified in last 2 or 3 days Kindly let me know if any other alternative... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help: find and modified files script

hello all im a newbie in the linux world ..i have just started creating basic scripts in linux ..i am using rhel 5 ..the thing is i wanted to create a find script where i could find the last modified file and directory in the directory given as input by the user and storing the output in a file so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the modified files before 60 mins?

hi, I need to find all the modified files before 60 minutes in a folder. Is that possible to find using mtime in minutes? Suggestions please. Thanks for looking into it... Geetha (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files modified in last hour sunOS 5.10

trying to find a way to locate files modified in the last hour in a shell script, unfortunately the command 'find . -mmin -60' is not supported on SunOS 5.10 (works on OpenSolaris 5.11 :mad:) Does anyone know a method of doing this in shell script on 5.10? cheers (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from file modified one minute ago

Hello, I have a list of files, an example below: -rw-r--r-- 1 smf_oper esg 910773 Jul 6 12:52 am1slc02_ACS_201607061242571_20346.cdr -rw-r--r-- 1 smf_oper esg 995838 Jul 6 12:52 am1slc01_ACS_201607061243125_19895.cdr -rw-r--r-- 1 smf_oper esg 557235 Jul 6 12:52... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
SLEEPENH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SLEEPENH(1)

NAME
sleepenh - an enhanced sleep program. SYNOPSIS
sleepenh [initial-time] sleep-time DESCRIPTION
sleepenh is a program that can be used when there is a need to execute some functions periodically in a shell script. It was not designed to be accurate for a single sleep, but to be accurate in a sequence of consecutive sleeps. After a successful execution, it returns to stdout the timestamp it finished running, that can be used as initial-time to a successive exe- cution of sleepenh. OPTIONS
There are no command line options. Run it without any option to get a brief help and version. ARGUMENTS
sleep-time is a real number in seconds, with microseconds resolution (1 minute, 20 seconds and 123456 microseconds would be 80.123456). initial-time is a real number in seconds, with microseconds resolution. This number is system dependent. In GNU/Linux systems, it is the number of seconds since midnight 1970-01-01 GMT. Do not try to get a good value of initial-time. Use the value supplied by a previous exe- cution of sleepenh. If you don't specify initial-time, it is assumed the current-time. EXIT STATUS
An exit status greater or equal to 10 means failure. Known exit status: 0 Success. 1 Success. There was no need to sleep. (means that initial-time + sleep-time was greater than current-time). 10 Failure. Missing command line arguments. 11 Failure. Did not receive SIGALRM. 12 Failure. Argument is not a number. 13 Failure. System error, could not get current time. USAGE EXAMPLE
Suppose you need to send the char 'A' to the serial port ttyS0 every 4 seconds. This will do that: #!/bin/sh TIMESTAMP=`sleepenh 0` while true; do # send the byte to ttyS0 echo -n "A" > /dev/ttyS0; # just print a nice message on screen echo -n "I sent 'A' to ttyS0, time now is "; sleepenh 0; # wait the required time TIMESTAMP=`sleepenh $TIMESTAMP 4.0`; done HINT
This program can be used to get the current time. Just execute: sleepenh 0 BUGS
It is not accurate for a single sleep. Short sleep-times will also not be accurate. SEE ALSO
date(1), sleep(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Pedro Zorzenon Neto. 2008/04/20 SLEEPENH(1)