Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL6 customizing prompt do not work Post 302927477 by RudiC on Wednesday 3rd of December 2014 10:07:32 AM
Old 12-03-2014
/u and /h do work in bash. I don't think they do in ksh, which has different methods.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

customizing desktop

I need help editing my openwin file. I've got it all set up so the options I normally use (xman, cmdtools, xeyes, printtool) automatically come up when I log on, but it won't read my -geometry entries. I got them by right-clicking on the desktop, but apparently they need to be entered a certain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdienlin
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting current work directory in Command Prompt

How to get the current working directory as part of the command prompt? Every time I chage the folder, my command prompt path shoud change. I am using Korn Shell. Any help is greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Customizing RHEL OS

Hello Every One, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. But please help me with your ideas. I have got a work (proj) where i need to customize the RHEL OS . This would involve building packages, installing them , correcting privileges etc and all these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirsha
4 Replies

4. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing UNIX

Hello i'm just wondering how to customize the color of unix's (or SSH) background, cursor, and letter? Thank you for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color prompt with file numbers does not work anymore

I have used this color prompt on my servers for long time, in file ~\.bashrc Black="\" Dark="\" Blue="\" LBlue="\" Green="\" LGreen="\" Cyan="\" LCyan="\" Red="\" LRed="\" Purple="\" LPurple="\" Brown="\" Yellow="\" LGray="\" White="\" Reset="\" PS1="$Yellow\u@\h $LBlue\w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customizing ps command

Hi, I want to monitor our batch jobs at a specific interval for later analysis to see the performance and CPU utilization USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND ps aux|grep dsadm|head xxxxx 386 0.0 0.0 103524 15448 pts/0 S Mar27 0:00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Drop_caches doesn't work on Solaris but works on RHEL6

Hello Experts, I am performing performance tests on a few mysql select queries. I use the following command to clear the memory disk caches. sync && echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches I however see that the above command works on RHEL6 but doesn't work on Solaris 10. I asked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anirudh Kumar
4 Replies

9. Linux

How to make this command work wihtout password prompt?

Hi, I am trying to run this command to connect to each server without being prompted for the password. How can I do this in Linux redhat 7.2: for HOST in $VIPS; do su - Myadminid -c "ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 $HOST 'date; hostname; pkill -9 -f -u Myadminid xx00 ; ps -ef |grep Myadminid'" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
VDETAPLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETAPLIB(1)

NAME
vdetaplib - Virtual Distributed Ethernet tap emulation library SYNOPSIS
No synopsis DESCRIPTION
vdetaplib is a library that emulates tap (tuntap level2 interface, see in kernel sources Documentation/networking/tun.c) and connects tap virtual interfaces to vde networks. To use it, the libvdetab.so library must be preloaded (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so (csh, tchs syntax): setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so If you want to divert all tap requests to a single vde_switch set the variable VDEALLTAP to the vde socket. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export VDEALLTAP=/tmp/vde.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv VDEALLTAP /tmp/vde.ctl It is possible to set each single interface to different vde_switches by setting the environment variable with the same name of the inter- face. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0=/tmp/vde.ctl export tap1=/tmp/myvde.ctl export ppc=/tmp/ppc.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv tap0 /tmp/vde.ctl setenv tap1 /tmp/myvde.ctl setenv ppc /tmp/ppc.ctl It is also possible to specify port, group or mode for a given interface setting environment variables as in the following example. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0_port=5 export tap0_group=vde-net export tap0_mode=0660 (csh, tchs, syntax): setenv tap0_port 5 setenv tap0_group vde-net setenv tap0_mode 0660 The variable to set the specific interface is checked first then VDEALLTAP. VDEALLTAP thus works as a default choice for the vde switch to be used. If VDEALLTAP is not set and there is no specific environment variable (and for tun -- IFF_TUN interfaces) the kernel provided interface is used. In this latter case access to /dev/net/tun is required, generally root access. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet December 6, 2006 VDETAPLIB(1)