Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL6 customizing prompt do not work Post 302927477 by RudiC on Wednesday 3rd of December 2014 10:07:32 AM
Old 12-03-2014
/u and /h do work in bash. I don't think they do in ksh, which has different methods.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

customizing desktop

I need help editing my openwin file. I've got it all set up so the options I normally use (xman, cmdtools, xeyes, printtool) automatically come up when I log on, but it won't read my -geometry entries. I got them by right-clicking on the desktop, but apparently they need to be entered a certain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdienlin
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting current work directory in Command Prompt

How to get the current working directory as part of the command prompt? Every time I chage the folder, my command prompt path shoud change. I am using Korn Shell. Any help is greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Customizing RHEL OS

Hello Every One, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. But please help me with your ideas. I have got a work (proj) where i need to customize the RHEL OS . This would involve building packages, installing them , correcting privileges etc and all these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirsha
4 Replies

4. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing UNIX

Hello i'm just wondering how to customize the color of unix's (or SSH) background, cursor, and letter? Thank you for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color prompt with file numbers does not work anymore

I have used this color prompt on my servers for long time, in file ~\.bashrc Black="\" Dark="\" Blue="\" LBlue="\" Green="\" LGreen="\" Cyan="\" LCyan="\" Red="\" LRed="\" Purple="\" LPurple="\" Brown="\" Yellow="\" LGray="\" White="\" Reset="\" PS1="$Yellow\u@\h $LBlue\w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customizing ps command

Hi, I want to monitor our batch jobs at a specific interval for later analysis to see the performance and CPU utilization USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND ps aux|grep dsadm|head xxxxx 386 0.0 0.0 103524 15448 pts/0 S Mar27 0:00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Drop_caches doesn't work on Solaris but works on RHEL6

Hello Experts, I am performing performance tests on a few mysql select queries. I use the following command to clear the memory disk caches. sync && echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches I however see that the above command works on RHEL6 but doesn't work on Solaris 10. I asked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anirudh Kumar
4 Replies

9. Linux

How to make this command work wihtout password prompt?

Hi, I am trying to run this command to connect to each server without being prompted for the password. How can I do this in Linux redhat 7.2: for HOST in $VIPS; do su - Myadminid -c "ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 $HOST 'date; hostname; pkill -9 -f -u Myadminid xx00 ; ps -ef |grep Myadminid'" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
pwd writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. The following options are available: -L If the PWD environment variable is an absolute pathname that contains neither "/./" nor "/../" and references the current directory, then PWD is assumed to be the name of the current directory. -P Print the physical path to the current working directory, with symbolic links in the path resolved. The default for the pwd command is -P. pwd is usually provided as a shell builtin (which may have a different default). EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cd(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility is expected to be conforming to IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''), except that the default is -P not -L. BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster (although it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a con- taining directory was moved after the shell descended into it). pwd -L relies on the file system having unique inode numbers. If this is not true (e.g., on FAT file systems) then pwd -L may fail to detect that PWD is incorrect. BSD
October 30, 2003 BSD