Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How to encourage emerging users in forum to give better solution:? Post 302927458 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 3rd of December 2014 05:50:25 AM
Old 12-03-2014
I would agree that the system in place works well. There is the option to gift bits and while there is no trade-able value, the wonderful feeling one gets when receiving a gift is enough. Perhaps we could make that process more available, perhaps a Thanks+GiftBits or a Thanks+PM button, but then it has to be used properly rather than just being too easy and meaningless.

I'm not sure what I'm arguing for now, but perhaps there needs to be some limit on using them per user per week to give them proper kudos value.

As to the earlier quote regarding optimism versus pessimism:-
Quote:
You can see a cup of milk which has some milk in it as a half filled or you can see it is half empty.
.... one could argue that someone has bought a cup that is too large. Smilie

Just my thoughts,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any body give me a solution to this...

Hi friends.. I am using the below command to search few files from many folders which is under one folder.. i mean let say the path is A/B/C...and inside C...i have 1-10 folder... the below command is working fine.... for i in 1 3 5 7; do find /A/B/C/${i} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
9 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
CUP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CUP(1)

NAME
cup - LALR parser generator for Java(tm) SYNOPSIS
cup [options] <file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cup command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in HTML format; see /usr/doc/cup/man- ual.html. OPTIONS
-package name specify package generated classes go in [default none]. -parser name specify parser class name [default "parser"]. -symbols name specify name for symbol constant class [default "sym"] -nonterms put non terminals in symbol constant class. -expect # number of conflicts expected/allowed [default 0]. -compact_red compact tables by defaulting to most frequent reduce. -nowarn don't warn about useless productions, etc. -nosummary don't print the usual summary of parse states, etc. -nopositions don't propagate the left and right token position values. -progress print messages to indicate progress of the system. -time print time usage summary. -dump_grammar produce a human readable dump of the symbols and grammar. -dump_states produce a dump of parse state machine. -dump_tables produce a dump of the parse tables -dump produce a dump of all of the above. SEE ALSO
jlex(1), javac(1). AUTHORS
The author of CUP is Scott E. Hudson <http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/people/Faculty/Scott.E.Hudson.html>. This manual page was written by Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. CUP(1)