Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get desire line?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get desire line? Post 302927435 by aaditya321 on Wednesday 3rd of December 2014 01:24:35 AM
Old 12-03-2014
Thank you so much Ravinder & Scrutinizer.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert and delete any line after desire line

like i have file like abc 123 pqr bbbb ttttttttt t tttt ------------------ i want to insert "class" after pqr and t lines please suggest me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get DF output I desire

I currently have a shell script that creates Oracle databases configured the way we want them here. One part of it allows you to choose which file system to place the database files. This is the command which works. This produces a list of file systems from which to choose. I have been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desire structure for input file

Hello Unix gurus, I have a txt file with single columns with n no of rows.like below COLUMN1 ======= AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH . . . NNN. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users who desire to have their .profile executed must explicitly do so in the crontab entry. Why?

The .profile file should be read when the user logs in. So, there should be no need to execute .profile file again in a cron job (since the cron job is run after the user logs in). Doesn't the cron require login from the user. Then, from where does the cron execute? Please help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

5. Hardware

HTC Desire S vs HTC Desire C - USB Android tethering problem

Hi gurus, I have problem with android usb tethering (usb0 interface). I tried two phones HTC Desire C and HTC Desire S. With Desire C everything works as expected, usb0 automatically goes up and gains IP address and tethering is working (output bellow) HTC Desire C: Nov 6 23:32:36 HP-PC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Where do I start as someone who desire to become skilled in UNIX and C?

Hi, for some time now I have been away. Things got so though I had to get a job. Whilst on the job i never felt free to do the thing i truly desired. Its like two masters trying to get my attention. One had to go for the other. To sum up i quit my job and i felt that was the best decision i ever... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
4 Replies
netid(4)							   File Formats 							  netid(4)

NAME
netid - netname database SYNOPSIS
/etc/netid DESCRIPTION
The netid file is a local source of information on mappings between netnames (see secure_rpc(3NSL)) and user ids or hostnames in the local domain. The netid file can be used in conjunction with, or instead of, the network source: NIS or NIS+. The publickey entry in the nss- witch.conf (see nsswitch.conf(4)) file determines which of these sources will be queried by the system to translate netnames to local user ids or hostnames. Each entry in the netid file is a single line of the form: netname uid:gid, gid, gid... or netname 0:hostname The first entry associates a local user id with a netname. The second entry associates a hostname with a netname. The netid file field descriptions are as follows: netname The operating system independent network name for the user or host. netname has one of two formats. The format used to specify a host is of the form: unix.hostname@domain where hostname is the name of the host and domain is the network domain name. The format used to specify a user id is of the form: unix.uid@domain where uid is the numerical id of the user and domain is the network domain name. uid The numerical id of the user (see passwd(4)). When specifying a host name, uid is always zero. group The numerical id of the group the user belongs to (see group(4)). Several groups, separated by commas, may be listed for a single uid. hostname The local hostname (see hosts(4)). Blank lines are ignored. Any part of a line to the right of a `#' symbol is treated as a comment. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample netid file. Here is a sample netid file: unix.789@West.Sun.COM 789:30,65 unix.123@Bldg_xy.Sun.COM 123:20,1521 unix.candlestick@campus1.bayarea.EDU 0:candlestick FILES
/etc/group groups file /etc/hosts hosts database /etc/netid netname database /etc/passwd password file /etc/publickey public key database SEE ALSO
netname2user(3NSL), secure_rpc(3NSL), group(4), hosts(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4), publickey(4) SunOS 5.11 23 May 1994 netid(4)