Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying the files to Windows server from UNIX server Post 302927412 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 2nd of December 2014 07:52:48 PM
Old 12-02-2014
cygwin sshd server is very good:

Cygwin SSHD HowTo

However, you might find some Windows Server Admin types are very anti cygwin. which is a shame as if you get sshd setup on windows your scp script for unix to unix should work unix to windows with little or no changes.

You could also use Microsoft FTP server:

How To Set Up an FTP Server in Windows Server 2003

With a .netrc file scripting ftp transfers is fairly doable but you will need to be careful on how the script is implemented to avoid deleting files not yet sent or sending a partially created file.

This thread may be of use:

Need a Shell Script for FTP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying files between 2 Unix server

Is there a simple way to copy data from one server to a different server? Seems that if 2 servers are on the same network, there should be a simple way to copy between the two. Not just one file. I need to copy a whole directory with subdirectories from one server to a different one. I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server

can anyone help me in writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server from the third server after checking the files in the third server and if there is anything new in the third server automatically it should be added to the rest of the two servers and if same file is existing in the two... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: REKHA09
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPing files from unix server to windows server

Hi, Below is the script which ftps the file from unix server and putting in a different directory(but on unix server) How can i ftp the files from unix server and to place in a secure location on windows server? what changes needs to be done to the below script? How can this be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How to copy files from Unix server to Local (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp some files from windows server to UNIX server

hi i need to transfer some files from windows server to unix server using SFTP. but before transferring the files, i need to check the existence of a particular file in the remote directory (say r_dir1). if the file is present, then SFTP all the files. after SFTPing the files from the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
1 Replies

9. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)