Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make working this regex in perl? Post 302927376 by Corona688 on Tuesday 2nd of December 2014 02:10:11 PM
Old 12-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus
Hello Corona,

The Regex does what I want.
Which is... what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed regex grouping not working?

Hello, from the gnu sed manual, I should be able to do this: `\(REGEXP\)' Groups the inner REGEXP as a whole, this is used to: * Apply postfix operators, like `\(abcd\)*': this will search for zero or more whole sequences of `abcd', while `abcd*' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH regex (convert from working perl version)

Hi there, I need to test that a variable ($VAR) matches a regex mask in BASH. I have the exact thing working in perl (below), but could somebody advise me how i would do the same in BASH ? do i need to use something like egrep ? #!/bin/perl -w my $VAR = "some value"; if ( $VAR =~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash with: if, elif & regex not working

Why is only hello3 being printed? There must be some kind of syntax problem because the file list definitely includes all the file extensions line by line. #!/bin/bash find '/home/myuser/folder/' -name '*.c' -type f | while read F do if ] # if the file name ends in .txt.c then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a regex using egrep not working

Hi, I'm trying to validate if a string matches a regular expression, but it is not working. Am I missing something? Do I need to scape any of the characters? if echo 'en-GB' | egrep '({1,8})(-{1,8})*' >/dev/null; then echo Valid value fi Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skrtxao
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to grep contents of a file within specific time span. regex i am using is not working

Hi , I am trying to extract contents of a file between specified time stamp. but it does not seem to work. i am trying to extract output of /var/adm/messages between 15:00:00 to 15:23:59 . i have tried two regex the first one seems to kind of work. it displays some output. the second one is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gsub regex not working

I have a number of files that I pass through awk/gsub. I believe to have found a working regex and on 'test bed' sites it matches, however within gsub it does not. Examples: Initial data: /Volumes/Daniel/Public/Drop Box/_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_10_.mkv gsub & regex: gsub("\]+\]","" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknownn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with [[ ]] and regex not working as expected

Using BASH: $ if -- ::00" ]]; then echo "true"; else echo "false"; fi false Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex not working

I am using a regex to exactly match a string abcdef as ^abcdef$. But it does'nt seem to work :( (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
GraphViz::Regex(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      GraphViz::Regex(3pm)

NAME
GraphViz::Regex - Visualise a regular expression SYNOPSIS
use GraphViz::Regex; my $regex = '(([abcd0-9])|(foo))'; my $graph = GraphViz::Regex->new($regex); print $graph->as_png; DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to visualise a Perl regular expression. Understanding regular expressions is tricky at the best of times, and regexess almost always evolve in ways unforseen at the start. This module aims to visualise a regex as a graph in order to make the structure clear and aid in understanding the regex. The graph visualises how the Perl regular expression engine attempts to match the regex. Simple text matches or character classes are represented by.box-shaped nodes. Alternations are represented by a diamond-shaped node which points to the alternations. Repetitions are represented by self-edges with a label of the repetition type (the nodes being repeated are pointed to be a full edge, a dotted edge points to what to match after the repetition). Matched patterns (such as $1, $2, etc.) are represented by a 'START $1' .. 'END $1' node pair. This uses the GraphViz module to draw the graph. METHODS
new This is the constructor. It takes one mandatory argument, which is a string of the regular expression to be visualised. A GraphViz object is returned. my $graph = GraphViz::Regex->new($regex); as_* The regex can be visualised in a number of different graphical formats. Methods include as_ps, as_hpgl, as_pcl, as_mif, as_pic, as_gd, as_gd2, as_gif, as_jpeg, as_png, as_wbmp, as_ismap, as_imap, as_vrml, as_vtx, as_mp, as_fig, as_svg. See the GraphViz documentation for more information. The two most common methods are: # Print out a PNG-format file print $g->as_png; # Print out a PostScript-format file print $g->as_ps; BUGS
Note that this module relies on debugging information provided by Perl, and is known to fail on at least two versions of Perl: 5.005_03 and 5.7.1. Sorry about that - please use a more recent version of Perl if you want to use this module. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-1, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-02 GraphViz::Regex(3pm)