Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How to encourage emerging users in forum to give better solution:? Post 302927242 by wisecracker on Monday 1st of December 2014 04:35:07 PM
Old 12-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Also it is very important for all of us to know where we reside now I mean in techincal knowledge specially people who have less experience, so that we can learn from seniors/all and correct/fine tune ourselves too.
The problem is how do you award pure amateurs like me who have no professional background in coding but give help within their limits. The THANKS button is excellent and does boost one's ego.

I started learning shell scripting here on this site in January 2013 and so far I have only scratched the surface, but boy have I done some bizarre things with shell scripting and posted them on here.

I love _banging_the_metal_, (an AMIGA turm of phrase), and have been thanked by my professional peers on here for some things I have done and to me that is thanks enough...

Bazza...
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any body give me a solution to this...

Hi friends.. I am using the below command to search few files from many folders which is under one folder.. i mean let say the path is A/B/C...and inside C...i have 1-10 folder... the below command is working fine.... for i in 1 3 5 7; do find /A/B/C/${i} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
9 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
gvrng(1)																  gvrng(1)

NAME
gvrng - An interactive, introductory programming language. SYNTAX
gvrng [world file | program file] DESCRIPTION
Guido van Robot is a project developed by advanced high school students for use by their peers as a learning tool and precursor to the fur- ther study of programming with Python. It is a minimalistic programming language providing just enough syntax to help students learn the concepts of sequencing, conditional branching, looping and procedural abstraction. It's biggest strength is that it permits this learning in an environment that combines the thrill of problem-solving with instant visual feedback. In short, it is an interactive, introductory programming language that is excellent for learning the basic concepts of programming, applicable in any high-level language. Best of all, it's a whole lot of fun, too! At this point, you are probably asking yourself, "What is GvRng, specifically?" The gist of it is that it is a robot represented by a tri- angle on the screen that moves around in a world made up of streets and avenues, walls and "beepers", which Guido can collect or set. His actions are completely guided by a program written by the user. FILES
/usr/bin/gvrng /usr/lib/gvrng /usr/share/doc/gvrng AUTHORS
Stas Zytkiewicz - stasz@linux.isbeter.nl Waseem Daher - wdaher@mit.edu Steve Howell - showell@zipcon.net SEE ALSO
http://gvrng.sourceforge.net Stas Zytkiewicz 1.0 09/13/2004 gvrng(1)