Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Load config file at commandline Post 302927220 by babyPen1985 on Monday 1st of December 2014 03:13:04 PM
Old 12-01-2014
Hello Sea,

Thanks for the quick turn around, that's one way of doing it which I am aware of. But I need something that I can keep loading dynamically just before executing the command. Password was just an example I provided, I have other variables that I need to load in other scenarios. I need something that I need to do at command line.
like:
Code:
. ./.myconfigFile
mysql -u $user -password $password -db $database

do we have something like that in linux, to load configuration at command line dynamically, apart from the one way I have posted in this reply.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to strip the first 4 char. of a file out via commandline

im kind alost. i beleave its a sed command. but i cant seem to find it in my book. can someone point me in the write direction. i know this is extreamly sloppy. but this is what i did untill i can figure out how to manipulate the filename namespace. an ls on the directory where this would run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in every file with perl commandline?

Hi, i want to add a line at the beginning of every file in a directory. perl -i.bkp -p -e 'print "#include /verif/pdd1/exu/sxs/6sTest/reset/dfu/top_level.reset\n" if $. == 1' *.reset But this command is updating only the first file in the directory. I think this is because $. is not resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
3 Replies
eFTE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   eFTE(1)

NAME
efte - Text editor SYNOPSIS
efte [[options] files ...] vefte [[options] files ...] nefte [[options] files ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the efte. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format; see below. efte is a powerful text editor which closely resembles Borlands programming editors for M$-DOS, but is far more flexible and configurable. OPTIONS
efte uses a command line syntax, which is a little bit different from most of Debian GNU/Linux apps. -h -? --help Help on command line options. -! Ignore any external configuration file and use internal configuration. -l<line>[,<column>] Go to line (and column) in next file on command line. -#<line>[<,column>] Same as -l. Do not use this option. -m[<mode>] Set mode for next files to <mode>. If just plain -m, then use default mode. -C[<.cnf>] Use specified configuration file (compiled). Plain -C does the same as -!. -D[<.dsk>] Load/save desktop from file <.dsk>. If no argument, disable desktop load/save. -H[<.his>] Load/save history from file <.his>. If no argument, disable history load/save. -T<tagfile> Load 'tagfile' at startup. -t<tag> Lookup tag 'tag' and display file containing it. -- The rest of the arguments are not options, but filenames. -+ The next argument is not an option even if starting with a '-'. Useful when loading files that begin with a -. -noxmb Do not use XMB functions in xefte - useful if you have incorrect locales and you want to use just english fonts. -font Select XWindow font to use with xefte. See VIOFONT also. ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
This is list of variable which might change behavior of some internals of efte. VIOFONT - select font used by xefte ISOCONSOLE - when set, vefte is usign ascii symbols to draw tables. This is useful when iso latin charset is used on console. EXAMPLES
efte -mBIN /usr/bin/vefte load /usr/bin/vefte in BIN mode efte -mBIN -+ -bla- load file -bla- in BIN mode efte -l100,30 win.c go to (100,30) in win.c efte window.cpp load file window.cpp efte -- -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 load files -1, -2, -3, -4, -5, -6 efte -D -H efte.dsk efte.his disable desktop and history loading and saving and load files efte.dsk and efte.his FILES
~/.efterc /usr/local/etc/efte/system.fterc /etc/efte/system.fterc Default configuration files. Includes all keybindings and menus compiled with cefte(1) from config files in /usr/share/doc/efte/config- example.tar.gz. SEE ALSO
cefte(1), /usr/share/doc/efte/contents.html AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Riku Voipio and Zdenek Kabelac <riku.voipio@iki.fi> <kabi@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. DATE
18 Nov 1999 eFTE(1)