Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Load config file at commandline Post 302927216 by sea on Monday 1st of December 2014 02:56:17 PM
Old 12-01-2014
I'd rather not export password's....

Make a script that looks like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
source /path/to/password-file
mysql -u $user -password $password -db $database

Password-file
Code:
user=xyz
password=abc
database=123

This way, the variable 'password' is also emptied when the script ends.

Hope this helps
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to strip the first 4 char. of a file out via commandline

im kind alost. i beleave its a sed command. but i cant seem to find it in my book. can someone point me in the write direction. i know this is extreamly sloppy. but this is what i did untill i can figure out how to manipulate the filename namespace. an ls on the directory where this would run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in every file with perl commandline?

Hi, i want to add a line at the beginning of every file in a directory. perl -i.bkp -p -e 'print "#include /verif/pdd1/exu/sxs/6sTest/reset/dfu/top_level.reset\n" if $. == 1' *.reset But this command is updating only the first file in the directory. I think this is because $. is not resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
3 Replies
XENO-CONFIG(1)							      Xenomai							    XENO-CONFIG(1)

NAME
xeno-config - Display Xenomai libraries configuration SYNOPSIS
xeno-config xeno-config --v | --verbose xeno-config --help xeno-config [--version] [--cc] [--arch] [--prefix] [--xeno-cflags] [--xeno-ldflags] [--posix-cflags] [--posix-ldflags] [--lib*-dir|--library-dir|--libdir|--user-libdir] DESCRIPTION
xeno-config is a script that is used to to display the compiler and linker flags that are required for building applications that use Xeno- mai. Any combination of options can be chosen (except --verbose and --help) to display configuration information, and options can be given in any order. The command output one line for each option, in the same order as the options. When xeno-config --verbose is executed, all configuration information is displayed in a different, more human-readable format. When xeno-config is executed without any options, the output is equivalent to than when executing xeno-config --verbose then xeno-config --help. OPTIONS
--v, --verbose Outputs all configuration information, in a human-readable format. --help Outputs the list of available command-line options. --version Outputs one line with the installed Xenomai version. --cc Outputs one line with the path to the C compiler command that was used to compiled Xenomai. --arch Outputs one line with the architecture to compile to, e.g. i386. May be different from the architecture of the currently running system, if cross-compiling. --prefix Outputs one line with the absolute path to the base Xenomai installation directory. --xeno-cflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to compile applications that use the Xenomai libraries. --xeno-ldflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to link applications against the Xenomai libraries. --posix-cflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to compile applications that use Xenomai's Posix-com- patible layer library. --posix-ldflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to link applications against Xenomai's Posix-compatible layer library. --lib*-dir, --library-dir, --libdir, --user-libdir Outputs one line with the absolute path to Xenomai's libraries. In the --lib*-dir option name, the * is meant as a wildcard: --lib-dir, --libfoo-dir and --libbar-dir are all valid and synonymous options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DESTDIR If the DESTDIR variable is set, its content is prepended to the Xenomai installed directories and files names output by the --prefix and --library-dir options, and to the Xenomai installation directories in the flags output by the --xeno-cflags, --xeno-ldflags, --posix-cflags, --posix-ldflags options. If DESTDIR was set when compiling and installing Xenomai, e.g. for cross-compilation, DESTDIR must be set to the same value before calling xeno-config, in order to output valid directory and file names. RETURN CODES
0 Successful script execution. 1 The --posix-ldflags option has been given but Posix support is not available in Xenomai; or an invalid argument has been given on the command-line. 2.6.0 2006-03-27 XENO-CONFIG(1)