Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Load config file at commandline Post 302927212 by babyPen1985 on Monday 1st of December 2014 02:49:02 PM
Old 12-01-2014
Load config file at commandline

Hello,

This would be very basic question to most of you, but for me as a newbie it is an un-know.

I would like to load a configuration file into memory before executing a specific command. For example: I have a config file that holds all the database connectivity information and I'd like to load this specific db config file in order to execute a command:
config file will have:
Code:
export user=xyz
export password=abc
export database=123

Code:
mysql -u $user -password $password -db $database

I need the values correctly read from the config file that I will load before executing the above command.
Help is much appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to strip the first 4 char. of a file out via commandline

im kind alost. i beleave its a sed command. but i cant seem to find it in my book. can someone point me in the write direction. i know this is extreamly sloppy. but this is what i did untill i can figure out how to manipulate the filename namespace. an ls on the directory where this would run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in every file with perl commandline?

Hi, i want to add a line at the beginning of every file in a directory. perl -i.bkp -p -e 'print "#include /verif/pdd1/exu/sxs/6sTest/reset/dfu/top_level.reset\n" if $. == 1' *.reset But this command is updating only the first file in the directory. I think this is because $. is not resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
3 Replies
POPAUTH(1)							   User Commands							POPAUTH(1)

NAME
popauth - manage pop3 authentication database SYNOPSIS
popauth [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
GNU popauth -- manage pop3 authentication database Actions are: -a, --add add user -c, --create create the DBM from a plaintext file -d, --delete delete user's record -l, --list list the contents of DBM file -m, --modify modify user's record (change password) Default action is: For root: --list For a user: --modify --user <username> Options are: --compatibility backward compatibility mode -f, --file=FILE read input from FILE (default stdin) -o, --output=FILE direct output to file -p, --password=STRING specify user's password -P, --permissions=PERM force given permissions on the database -u, --user=USERNAME specify user name Common options --config-file=FILE, --rcfile=FILE load this configuration file --config-help show configuration file summary --config-lint, --rcfile-lint check configuration file syntax and exit --config-verbose, --rcfile-verbose verbosely log parsing of the configuration files --no-site-config, --no-site-rcfile do not load site configuration file --no-user-config, --no-user-rcfile do not load user configuration file --set=PARAM=VALUE set configuration parameter --show-config-options show compilation options -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-mailutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Database formats: gdbm Default database location: /etc/apop.db SEE ALSO
The complete GNU mailutils documentation is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the mailutils-doc package is installed, the command info mailutils should give you access to the complete manual. You can also find this manual online in the GNU mailutils webpage: http://www.gnu.org/software/mailutils/manual/index.html. Please note this manpage was automatically generated by the Debian mailutils packagers. Do not file bugs for its content to the GNU Mailu- tils upstream authors. FSF
June 2012 POPAUTH(1)