Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu and case statement scripting Post 302927162 by gandolf989 on Monday 1st of December 2014 08:56:33 AM
Old 12-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade11
hi all
i am trying to get help with writing a script using case statement to display menu as
Code:
1) Authentication log 
2) System log 
3) Messages 
4) Dmesg 
5) Boot log 
Q) Exit

When selecting the menu by 1 or 2 or 3 o 4 or 5, it should display the last 10 lines of the log files,
if selected wrongly it should give an error and should not exit, rather the user should be able to
try again. Only entering Q it should exit.
This is everything that you wanted to know:

Google

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CASE statement

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. My script has a few user defined parameters. When the script runs the first thing it does is make sure that these parameters are valid. One of the parameters is called YEAR. A valid input for YEAR can be 1997-2000. One way I have come up with to ensure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case statement in UNIX scripting (ksh)

Hi, I have a script like below : #!/bin/ksh echo "Do you want to export all docs ?" read alld echo "Do you want to export template or report only " read temr case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi, I am writing case statement to execute some finction, my requirement is once one of the case statement is executed again it has to prompt for the option. for script in `echo "$Script_Selected"` do case $script in 1) getNoOFActUsers ;; 2) moveServerrOORotation ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

menu + awk + while + case

the idea is to create script with menu and when option 1 or2 is pressed program should clear screan display info and get back to menu.... I managed some code but getting errors... #!/bin/bash choice1=ls -l|awk'{print $9 $1}' choice2= ls | wc -c choice3=exit while do clear echo "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two columns output in simple case menu?

EDIT : System used : Any Linux distribution. Hello everyone, I m having quite a headache trying to figure out why I m having a 2 columns output in the following code : #!/bin/ksh menu_rotation() { #Variables CHOIX1="Rotation 1" CHOIX2="Rotation 2" CHOIX3="Rotation 3" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
11 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case Statement

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hey, guys I really need some help with a project. "Write a shell program that examines the command line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk192010`
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special case to skip function in bash menu

In the bash menu below if the variant that is inputted is in the format NM_004004.3:c.274G>T the below works perfectly. My question is if the variant inputted isNM_004004.3:-c.274G>T or NM_004004.3:+c.274G>T then the code as is will throw an error due to a biological issue. Is it possible to to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update Statement User menu input screen

Hi Guys, Any good reference for me to perform user database update statement on table which has quite number of fields could be updated depend on user specified column name and the value to assign. All the approaches are welcome and appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with case statement

Foe example we have three environments int,qa and prod.Each environment has some number of servers. int=Server1,Server2,Server3 qa=Server4,Server5,Server6 prod=Server7,Server8,Server9 echo "Enter the Environment i.e int,qa,prod" read env case $env in int) ## Need command where all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
9 Replies
MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3) 												   MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)

mssql_free_statement - Free statement memory

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_free_statement (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
mssql_free_statement(3) only needs to be called if you are worried about using too much memory while your script is running. All statement memory will automatically be freed when the script ends. You may call mssql_free_statement(3) with the statement identifier as an argument and the associated statement memory will be freed. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Statement resource, obtained with mssql_init(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_free_statement(3) example <?php // Create a new statement $stmt = mssql_init('test'); // Bind values here and execute the statement // once we're done, we clear it from the memory // using mssql_free_statement like so: mssql_free_statement($stmt); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_bind(3), mssql_execute(3), mssql_init(3), mssql_free_result(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FREE_STATEMENT(3)