Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort and move multiple files by modification date Post 302927033 by Igal Malka on Sunday 30th of November 2014 01:52:35 AM
Old 11-30-2014
Can you sort the files by it creation date? old files should be older,
can you place here an example to the files names (old+new)

Igal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and move files

Here is the situation: I have three folders: a. Storage ( have 50 files for processing) b. Process (should move ONLY ONE file for processing from storage) c. Backup (processed files should be moved here from Process folder) can you help me out to wirte a shell script please. Process: From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subs2me
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on modification date

How to copy files from a location to a directory <YYMM> based on last modification date? This will need to run daily. I want to copy those file for May to 0905 and Jun to 0906. Appreciate your guidance.:) Thanks. -rw-rw-rw- 1 ttusr tgrp 4514 May 29 21:49 AB24279J.lot_a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file or files with last modification date

hi. I need help my programing friends :p I need to list all the files with a certain name (for example FileName) by last modification date but only the one with the last date. If there are two files with the same name and same modification date it should print the both. For example in this set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with sorting files according to modification date

Hi, I was very surprised to not be able to find an answer to this question despite my best efforts in Google and elsewhere. Maybe it's a good thing as it forced me to finally become a member in this great forum that i use frequently. Ok my question: I want to be able to sort files inside a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavros
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename old files with last modification date

Hi everyone, I have files like file1_Mod.txt, file2_Mod.txt. I want to rename the old files with the last modification date. I write the below script to rename with current date, but I donīt know how to use "date -r" to get the last modification date with the same format I have below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another based on creation/modification date

Hi All, Really stuck up with a requirement where I need to move a file (Lets say date_Employee.txt--the date will have different date values like 20120612/20120613 etc) from one directory to another based on creation/modification dates. While visiting couple of posts, i could see we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one date to another

Hi I have hundreds of files with the following format I need to move this 1000 files from above to a different date Is there a way to do that with a script or command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
ha(1)								    HA archiver 							     ha(1)

NAME
ha - a small file archiver utility SYNOPSIS
ha <command>[<option><option>...] archive [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
After the program name comes a command name (single letter) and options (single letters, appended to the command name without a space). COMMANDS
a[sdqemr012] Add files matching search pattern to archive. e[aqty] Extract files matching search pattern from archive. x[aqty] Extract files matching search pattern from archive using path information stored in archive. l[f] List files currently in archive. d[q] Delete files matching search pattern from archive. If archive does not contain any files after deletion it is removed. f[sdqemr012] Freshen files in archive. All files matching search pattern and newer than version already in archive are updated to archive. u[sdqemr012] Update files to archive. All files matching search pattern that are newer than version already in archive or are not yet in archive are updated to archive. t[q] Test files in archive. OPTIONS
0,1,2 Try compression method #. More than one can be specified. Methods are: 0-CPY Simple copying of files. 1-ASC Default method using sliding window dictionary followed by arithmetic coder. Offers quite good compression on wide variety of file types. 2-HSC Compression method based on finite context model and arithmetic coder. Quite slow for binary data, but offers very good compression especially for longer text files. y Assume answer yes on all questions. t Touch files when extracting. Sets file times to current machine time. r Recurse through subdirectories while searching for files matching search pattern. f Full listing of stored file information. m Move files when archiving. Files are removed from disk after they are successfully written to archive. a Set system specific file attributes when extracting files. s Find special files when archiving. e Do not store pathname information. q Quiet operation. d Make separate entries for directories. Saves information about empty directories, directory attributes etc. in archive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> for Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). ha 0.999p 3 Jul 2008 ha(1)