Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How to encourage emerging users in forum to give better solution:? Post 302926903 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 28th of November 2014 10:08:33 AM
Old 11-28-2014
Being a volunteer, Its not a good idea to differentiate members within our community, by giving award/reward etc, sometimes there will many good answers contributed to a single thread by more than 1 member, same might repeat in some other threads too, in such cases how you will decide who is contributed highest or least, in some cases there will be many posts by single user which is similar to other answers already given but not exactly, that is his/her contribution, he/she will not see whether answer is better than already given or not, so what is to be done in such cases ?

Its just my personal opinion that we are (our forum) good enough already, we have good mutual understanding, and at the same time each of us will not get same amount of time to contribute to the forum, but still there are many people giving their time to help others, so if we make any such system which some other forums already have, ( like you are Hero 100+ posts this week , some other fellow is Zero did not logged in this week ), there will be a chance of loosing volunteer's interest towards the forum.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any body give me a solution to this...

Hi friends.. I am using the below command to search few files from many folders which is under one folder.. i mean let say the path is A/B/C...and inside C...i have 1-10 folder... the below command is working fine.... for i in 1 3 5 7; do find /A/B/C/${i} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapan123
9 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)