Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuration of jump start/NFS server for sol10/sol11 OS installation. Post 302926885 by hicksd8 on Friday 28th of November 2014 05:42:18 AM
Old 11-28-2014
Yes, you are right. No flar support in Solaris 11.

I understand that work is underway to replace the automated flar mechanism with something to enhance Solaris 11 but meantime it's a rather manual process.

Oracle elude to it here:
How to Perform System Archival and Recovery Procedures with Oracle Solaris 11
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't start nfs server!

ok i am pretty new i am thinking this maybe a dns situatioan i dunno.... i am trying to start nfs server i get the followin error: mountd svc_tli create could not bind to requested address: address mismatch svc_create: svc_tli_create failed /usr/lib/nfs/nfsd : tli_bind to wrong address... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server

Hello Guruz, Correct me if I am wrong. What is difference between Solaris jump start and jet build server. Any sun doc how the jump start setup works. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Creating an NFS Installation Server

Hello I am working through the RHCE Linux Study Guide (Michael Jang) and part of the course is learning how to configure a network installation. The first procedure is to copy the files from the Installation DVD to a new directory I created as follows: # mkdir /inst The problem I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjwops
2 Replies

5. Solaris

JAMES (Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server) - Installation/Configuration Problem

Good Afternoon Intelligent Administrators/Debuggers! I am installing JAMES on an internal server (192.168.2.33) Specs of xxx.xxx.xxx.33 = SunOS v210b 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210 After placing and "gunziping" the respective file, I am trying to run it by: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jump Start vs Flash Archive

Hi I'm trying to understand the difference between installation methods of Solaris 10, Jump Start vs Flash Archive ? thx for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
6 Replies

7. Solaris

t2000 Sol10 installation failure

Hi folks, I've searched as much as possible with regards to the installation of Solaris 10 and this error that I keep getting no matter which arguments I use. sol-10-u9-ga-sparc-dvd.iso sc> showhost Sun-Fire-T2000 System Firmware 6.7.12 2011/07/06 20:03 Host flash versions: OBP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnetcrawler
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)