Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulate the text file in UNIX Post 302926775 by siva.pitchai on Thursday 27th of November 2014 02:31:15 AM
Old 11-27-2014
This is not a home work assignement

I am working on a automation taks and its required some help to manipulate the text file.

---------- Post updated at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:59 PM ----------

Hi Don Cragun,

Thanks for your updates!

I no need your help on this and I can do myself to fix this.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to manipulate text in files

Hi, I have a slight problem in trying to manipulate the text within a file using the "sed" command in that the text i need changed has "/" slashes in. I have a .sh script that scans the "/db/sybbackup/" directories for any .dmp file older than 2 days and then to >> the information to a file called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson333
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to manipulate logfile text

Hi guys, I was wandering if a Shell guru could give me some advice on tackling a problem. I have used a mixture of grep, cut and awk to get data from a log file in the following format: 14/11/08 10:39: Checking currenly : Enabled 14/11/08 10:39: Records allocated : 221... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosspaddock
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate text for openldap import/export question.

Hey guys.. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes. I need to manipulate an openldap export to match a different schema so that I can import into that system. Basically - its just text manipulation. I have gotten alot of it done just by using simple sed, but I am sorta... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2ambler
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on how to manipulate a SIMPLE text file (using awk?)

I have a simple txt files that looks something like this (The title is a part of the text file) Student Grades --------------- 1 Tim Purser 89 2 John Wayne 56 3 Jenn Hawkins 95 4 Harry Potter 75 Here are my questions: How would I ONLY print the names of students... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjagod123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together a script to manipulate the date column in a csv file. I have file1.csv with the following contents: Date,ID,Number,Amount,Volume,Size 01-Apr-2014,WERFG,998,105873.96,10873.96,1342.11 01-Apr-2014,POYFR,267,5681.44,5681.44,462.96 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to manipulate csv file in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk and unix programming and trying to manipulate a csv file. My current csv file looks like this: col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col4,col5,col6,col7,col8 223,V,c,2,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,3,2,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,1,4,f,r,,y,z 223,V,c,4,3,f,r,,y,z 227,V,c,3,1,f,r,,y,z... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I remove partial duplicates and manipulate text?

Hello, How can I remove partial duplicates and manipulate text in bash using either awk, grep or sed? Thanks. Input: ted,"foo,bar,zoo" john-son,"foot,ben,zoo" bob,"bar,foot" Expected Output: foo,ted bar,ted zoo,ted foot,john-son ben,john-son (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A better way to manipulate text

Good morning everyone, I'm currently trying to convert an environment variable into a string and then attach it at the end of a command and launch it. I have the following right now, but it's very ugly: AMI_TAGS="env=test,country=XX,city=blah,galaxy=blahblah" aws ec2 create-tags... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manipulate a text file and store each version for every changes in a directory?

I attached both picturehttps://1drv.ms/t/s!Aoomvi55MLAQh1jODfUxa-xurns_ and *.txt file of a sample work file. In this file Reactions which only start with "r1f", "r2f", "r3f"......and so on. And for each reaction the reaction rates is situated couple of lines later with a "+" sign. For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)