Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to convert the following characters in some fields in a csv file? Post 302926769 by bharat1211 on Thursday 27th of November 2014 12:40:22 AM
Old 11-27-2014
Yes U can combine.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to work with fields of a csv file?

I need to insert data into a perticular field of a csv file, lets say second field. Can any one help me to do this? I found that we can do it with sed. can any one guide me to accomplish this? thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert fields from a text file to excel columns

i have this file which has the following contents: ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 i would like to get this: -0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9 so far i am trying: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%f\n",$i)}}' test1 > test2 any help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

3. Programming

convert text file to csv

hi all, i have a select query that gives me the output in the following way... SYSTYPE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Success Failures Total RFT ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- TYP 1 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the below file to csv format

Hi , i want to change this question, i will post soon.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth2567
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling different fields from a csv file

Hi, I have a requirment where I need to pull different columns from a .csv file. Here is the sample of the csv file. account,item,flag1,flag2,flag3,flag4,flag5,......feed,tran I will be have a config.txt file which will have the following information. item,flag5,flag10,feed,tran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdevula
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a xls file to csv?

Hi, My requirement is to convert the xls to csv file with utf-8 conversion. Is there any way please suggest me. Thanks, Raja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file in csv or table

Hi there, i have a file like that in attachment (PLEVA3_280711_SAP.txt), i would extract some basic information from it and report in a new file or table like this: i try to use bash and i extract the single object in this way (see attach scriptino.sh), but i receive a strange... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alen192
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newline characters in fields of a file

My source file is pipe delimeted file with 53 fields.In 33 rd column i am getting mutlple new line characters,dule to that record is breaking into multiple records. Note : here record delimter also \n sample Source file with 6 fields : 1234|abc| \nabcd \n bvd \n cde \n |678|890|900\n ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmi001
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting new fields to a csv file

hi I have a csv file with few rows > cat job_stat 1,jobname1,somthing,somthing 2,jobname2,somthing,somthing 3,jobname3,somthing,somthing 4,jobname4,somthing,somthing I want to add few columns after the 2nd column and then append rest of the columns after the 3rd newly added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert flat file to csv

Hi I have a file like this: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=2 d=3 a=3 c=4 How can I change this to csv format a,b,c,d 1,2,3,, 4,2,,3 3,,4,, Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip_2014
10 Replies
REC2CSV(1)							   User Commands							REC2CSV(1)

NAME
rec2csv - rec to csv converter SYNOPSIS
rec2csv [OPTIONS]... [REC_FILE] DESCRIPTION
Convert rec data into csv data. -t, --type=TYPE record set to convert to csv; if this parameter is omitted then the default record set is used -S, --sort=FIELD sort the output by the specified field. --help print a help message and exit. --version show version and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Jose E. Marchesi. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-recutils@gnu.org GNU recutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Jose E. Marchesi. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for rec2csv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rec2csv programs are properly installed at your site, the command info rec2csv should give you access to the complete manual. rec2csv 1.4.93 January 2012 REC2CSV(1)