Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove duplicate lines from file based on fields Post 302926706 by Lord Spectre on Wednesday 26th of November 2014 08:59:17 AM
Old 11-26-2014
Thanks Zaxxon...
Works perfect and runs very fast on a file with 6M lines!!! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Lines in File

I am doing KSH script to remove duplicate lines in a file. Let say the file has format below. FileA 1253-6856 3101-4011 1827-1356 1822-1157 1822-1157 1000-1410 1000-1410 1822-1231 1822-1231 3101-4011 1822-1157 1822-1231 and I want to simply it with no duplicate line as file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teh Tiack Ein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate lines from File

I have a log file "logreport" that contains several lines as seen below: 04:20:00 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 06:38:08 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping 07:11:05 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
18 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicate rows of a file based on a value of a column

Hi, I am processing a file and would like to delete duplicate records as indicated by one of its column. e.g. COL1 COL2 COL3 A 1234 1234 B 3k32 2322 C Xk32 TTT A NEW XX22 B 3k32 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get remove duplicate of a file based on many conditions

Hii Friends.. I have a huge set of data stored in a file.Which is as shown below a.dat: RAO 1869 12 19 0 0 0.00 17.9000 82.3000 10.0 0 0.00 0 3.70 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 3.70 4 NULL LEE 1870 4 11 1 0 0.00 30.0000 99.0000 0.0 0 0.00 0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove duplicate lines based on two columns and judging from a third one

hello all, I have an input file with four columns like this with a lot of lines and for example, line 1 and line 5 match because the first 4 characters match and the fourth column matches too. I want to keep the line that has the lowest number in the third column. So I discard line 5.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheTransporter
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I remove the duplicate lines in this file?

Hey guys, need some help to fix this script. I am trying to remove all the duplicate lines in this file. I wrote the following script, but does not work. What is the problem? The output file should only contain five lines: Later! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a 50 MB file size

hi, Please help me to write a command to delete duplicate lines from a file. And the size of file is 50 MB. How to remove duplicate lins from such a big file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines based on field and sort

I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on field 1 and sort. I don't care about any of the other fields but I still wanna keep there data intact. I was thinking I could do something like this but I have no idea how to print the full line with this. Please show any method... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a file

Hi, I have a csv file which contains some millions of lines in it. The first line(Header) repeats at every 50000th line. I want to remove all the duplicate headers from the second occurance(should not remove the first line). I don't want to use any pattern from the Header as I have some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
7 Replies
curs_scroll(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      curs_scroll(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_scroll, scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
With the scroll() routine, the window is scrolled up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimiza- tion, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen is scrolled at the same time. With the scrl() and wscrl() routines, for positive n scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok(). RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curs_outopts(3CURSES), curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. Note that scrl() and scroll() may be macros. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_scroll(3CURSES)