Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6 Post 302926649 by Swathe on Tuesday 25th of November 2014 04:00:32 PM
Old 11-25-2014
I am (or maybe was) a dyed in the wool Android and Galaxy fan but I have to admit I am considering jumping back to the world of the iPhone.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL+H versus ^? versus BACKSPACE

Hi Gurus! I recently got my shell account (HP UX v11) created by our sysadmin and am having problem deleting with the backspace key. After doing some reading, I believe I need to enter a custom "STTY..." statement in my profile. Can someone please help me with the correct "STTY" sequence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. Android

Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63

Well, I've had my new Galaxy S around one day now and I must say, I am not sure if I regret buying it or not. Before buying it, I read a lot of reviews about the Galaxy S (e.g. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review: From outer space), including reviews of problems with the GPS and some intermittent WiFi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

3. Android

can I upgrade samsung galaxy SII to android 4

I am thinking of buying samsung galaxy S II. I would like to know, does this phone capable to support ICS ? Because I am not sure if to buy now and just upgrade the phone to then next OS or should I wait to but the next phone version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. BSD

Connecting a samsung galaxy siii to freebsd

I am connecting a samsung smartphone (galaxy s3) to a freebsd machine. It does not automatically mount. When plugging this machine in, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 When disconnecting, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 (disconnected)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
13 Replies
PWMCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PWMCONFIG(8)

NAME
pwmconfig - tests the PWM outputs of sensors and configures fancontrol SYNOPSIS
pwmconfig WARNING
pwmconfig will attempt to stop your fans, one at a time, for approximately 5 seconds each. This may cause your processor temperature to rise. Verify that all fans are running at normal speed after this program has exited. pwmconfig does its best to check that the fans are spinning when they are supposed to, but due to the diversity of available motherboards and fans, it shouldn't be blindly trusted. Always verify by yourself. It is strongly recommended to run pwmconfig at a time when there is no significant system load, to minimize the risk of overheating. DESCRIPTION
pwmconfig searches your sensors for pulse width modulation (PWM) controls, and tests each one to see if it controls a fan on your mother- board. Note that many motherboards do not have PWM circuitry installed, even if your sensor chip supports PWM. When a connection is established between a PWM control and a fan, pwmconfig can generate a detailed correlation, to show how a given fan is responding to various PWM duty cycles. Lastly, pwmconfig will enter in fancontrol configuration mode (unless you decide to skip that part.) In this mode, you are invited to enter several parameters which will determine how the fancontrol daemon regulates the speed of one or more fans in your system based on tempera- ture measurements. In particular, you will have the opportunity to establish mappings between fans and temperature inputs, define the tem- perature range over which the speed of the fan should be adjusted dynamically, the minimum speed at which the fan should spin, etc. See fancontrol(8) for additional information. BUGS
The term "PWM" is used because most fan control systems in computers are based on pulse width modulation. Some motherboards however use DC variation instead. So, the term "PWM" should be seen as a generic term for "fan speed control", regardless of the actual method used. SEE ALSO
fancontrol(8), sensors(1). AUTHORS
Marius Reiner <marius.reiner@hdev.de>, Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org> lm-sensors 3 September 28, 2008 PWMCONFIG(8)