Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming MYSQL query search between dates Post 302926633 by figaro on Tuesday 25th of November 2014 02:01:37 PM
Old 11-25-2014
A nested query must have an alias, so I added 'X' as the alias in your code:

Code:
select id, 'today', 'monthago', today, monthago 
from ( 
SELECT id, stdate, DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 1 month) as monthago, CURDATE() as today  
FROM data_table X)

As regards your earlier question, in MySQL and other databases too, there is a difference between single quote (') and backquote (`). I think you meant to use the latter, which is what Ditto was getting at.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

4. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
STR_WORD_COUNT(3)							 1							 STR_WORD_COUNT(3)

str_word_count - Return information about words used in a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_word_count (string $string, [int $format], [string $charlist]) DESCRIPTION
Counts the number of words inside $string. If the optional $format is not specified, then the return value will be an integer representing the number of words found. In the event the $format is specified, the return value will be an array, content of which is dependent on the $format. The possible value for the $format and the resultant outputs are listed below. For the purpose of this function, 'word' is defined as a locale dependent string containing alphabetic characters, which also may contain, but not start with "'" and "-" characters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string o $format - Specify the return value of this function. The current supported values are: o 0 - returns the number of words found o 1 - returns an array containing all the words found inside the $string o 2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position of the word inside the $string and the value is the actual word itself o $charlist - A list of additional characters which will be considered as 'word' RETURN VALUES
Returns an array or an integer, depending on the $format chosen. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $charlist parameter | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A str_word_count(3) example <?php $str = "Hello fri3nd, you're looking good today!"; print_r(str_word_count($str, 1)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 2)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 1, 'aaac3')); echo str_word_count($str); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri [2] => nd [3] => you're [4] => looking [5] => good [6] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [6] => fri [10] => nd [14] => you're [29] => looking [46] => good [51] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri3nd [2] => you're [3] => looking [4] => good [5] => today ) 7 SEE ALSO
explode(3), preg_split(3), split(3), count_chars(3), substr_count(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_WORD_COUNT(3)