Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming MYSQL query search between dates Post 302926572 by Ditto on Tuesday 25th of November 2014 08:48:43 AM
Old 11-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrydocks
Just a little help if possible
Notice how you're using the "columns" here in quotes?
Code:
between 'today' and 'monthago')

try doing the same thing when selecting:

Code:
select id, 'today', 'monthago', today, monthago
from (
SELECT id, stdate, DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 1 month) as monthago, CURDATE() as today 
FROM data_table
)

ie: lose the quotes and add nested subquery ..
(if you just lose the quotes, it'll error out "column not found" )

Also, why ask this on a Unix forum? O.o

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

4. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

6. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
GETDATE(3)								 1								GETDATE(3)

getdate - Get date/time information

SYNOPSIS
array getdate ([int $timestamp = time()]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an associative array containing the date information of the $timestamp, or the current local time if no $timestamp is given. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The optional $timestamp parameter is an integer Unix timestamp that defaults to the current local time if a $timestamp is not given. In other words, it defaults to the value of time(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of information related to the $timestamp. Elements from the returned associative array are as follows: Key elements of the returned associative array +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ | Key | | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | | | Example returned values | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ | | | | |"seconds" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of seconds | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 59 | | | | | | | | | | |"minutes" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of minutes | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 59 | | | | | | | | | | | "hours" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of hours | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 23 | | | | | | | | | | | "mday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the month | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 to 31 | | | | | | | | | | | "wday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the week | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 (for Sunday) through 6 (for Satur- | | | | day) | | | | | | | | | | | "mon" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of a month | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 through 12 | | | | | | | | | | | "year" | | | | | | | | | A full numeric representation of a | | | | year, 4 digits | | | | | | | | Examples: 1999 or 2003 | | | | | | | | | | | "yday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the year | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 through 365 | | | | | | | | | | |"weekday" | | | | | | | | | A full textual representation of the | | | | day of the week | | | | | | | | | | | | Sunday through Saturday | | | | | | | | | | | "month" | | | | | | | | | A full textual representation of a | | | | month, such as January or March | | | | | | | | | | | | January through December | | | | | | | | | | | 0 | | | | | | | | | Seconds since the Unix Epoch, simi- | | | | lar to the values returned by | | | | time(3) and used by date(3). | | | | | | | | System Dependent, typically | | | | -2147483648 through 2147483647. | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 getdate(3) example <?php $today = getdate(); print_r($today); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [seconds] => 40 [minutes] => 58 [hours] => 21 [mday] => 17 [wday] => 2 [mon] => 6 [year] => 2003 [yday] => 167 [weekday] => Tuesday [month] => June [0] => 1055901520 ) SEE ALSO
date(3), idate(3), localtime(3), time(3), setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group GETDATE(3)