Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DDOS attack please help!
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support DDOS attack please help! Post 302926526 by Swathe on Tuesday 25th of November 2014 12:53:16 AM
Old 11-25-2014
Fail2ban could be an option also, I use it on my mail server with good results

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

what is the better way to protect my server from DDos Attack

heloo today i have DDos Attack in my server what is the better way to secure my server from DDos Attack i use CentOS 4&5 i try every firewall and talk to softlayer - iweb i've Tried every possible solutions but I can not find a solution to the problems Give Me The best way plzz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Network attack - so what?

In my logs I find entries about attacks on my system. I know IP addresses, I know date and time and I know what they tried to do. So what's the best I can do now? Tell everybody that there are cybercriminals on that network? Write an email to their admin? Anything else? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
10 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

DDoS Simulation Tools

are there any popular DDoS simulation tools to test my own infrastructure? Anyone tried to setup all these in AWS EC2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boriskong
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

DDoS and brute force attack

How to protect DDoS and brute force attack. I want to secure my server and block attacker. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: romanepo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Anti ddos shell script, is it useful?

Hi guys, just need a opinion from you. I found anti ddos script from github Script What is your opinion about it? Is it usefull? Do you have some similar? I want to protect my servers on all levels, why not in the servers via script. I assume I must fix this script to be useful for me, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
1 Replies
CONFLICT(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							       CONFLICT(8)

NAME
conflict - search for alias/password conflicts SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/conflict [-search directory] [-mail name] [-version] [-help] [aliasfiles ...] DESCRIPTION
Conflict is a program that checks to see if the interface between nmh and the transport system is in good shape Conflict also checks for maildrops in /var/mail which do not belong to a valid user. It assumes that no user name will start with `.', and thus ignores files in /var/mail which begin with `.'. It also checks for entries in the group(5) file which do not belong to a valid user, and for users who do not have a valid group number. In addition duplicate users and groups are noted. If the -mail name switch is used, then the results will be sent to the specified name. Otherwise, the results are sent to the standard output. The -search directory switch can be used to search directories other than /var/mail and to report anomalies in those directories. The -search directory switch can appear more than one time in an invocation to conflict. Conflict should be run under cron(8), or whenever system accounting takes place. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups /usr/bin/mh/mhmail Program to send mail /var/mail/ Directory of mail drop PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases CONTEXT
None MH.6.8 11 June 2012 CONFLICT(8)