Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) How to see connected macs through terminal? Post 302926496 by Straitsfan on Monday 24th of November 2014 08:15:16 PM
Old 11-24-2014
How to see connected macs through terminal?

Been a while since I've been here; I have my iMac and MBpro connected via firewire, and they can see each other when I open the finder windows.

But I'd like to be able to 'see' each computer on the other via the terminal application; and I can't see them right now. I can transfer files via the finder windows, etc; but since I'd like to get under the hood, I want to do it from terminal just in case.

I used to be able to do this, but I forgot; can anyone help me out?

Both are running Yosemite.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Where do I find my mac that is connected via Firewire in Terminal application?

I have my iMac and MB pro connected by firewire. I can see the connection in the finderwindow, but can't locate the machines in terminal. Can someone help me? I do most of my work in Terminal and would like to move/copy files from one machine to another like that -- I could have sworn I was able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

2. AIX

Duplicate MACs in seastat

Why are the MAC addresses duplicated in the "seastat" command output for all the LPARs? I can't figure out why one stanza has the LPAR information (hostname and IP) while the other stanza does not? Why the two separate sections and two separate sets of usage information (Bytes and Packets)?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies
Dist::Zilla::Role::FileFinderUser(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Dist::Zilla::Role::FileFinderUser(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::Role::FileFinderUser - something that uses FileFinder plugins VERSION
version 4.300020 DESCRIPTION
This role enables you to search for files in the dist. This makes it easy to find specific files and have the code factored out to common methods. Here's an example of a finder: ( taken from AutoPrereqs ) with 'Dist::Zilla::Role::FileFinderUser' => { default_finders => [ ':InstallModules', ':ExecFiles' ], }; Then you use it in your code like this: foreach my $file ( $self->found_files ) { # $file is an object! Look at L<Dist::Zilla::Role::File> } ATTRIBUTES
finder_arg_names Define the name of the attribute which will hold this finder. Be sure to specify different names if you have multiple finders! This is an ArrayRef. Default: [ qw( finder ) ] default_finders This attribute is an arrayref of plugin names for the default plugins the consuming plugin will use as finder.s Example: "[ qw( :InstallModules :ExecFiles ) ]" The default finders are: :InstallModules Searches your lib/ directory for pm/pod files :IncModules Searches your inc/ directory for pm files :MainModule Finds the "main_module" of your dist :TestFiles Searches your t/ directory and lists the files in it. :ExecFiles Searches your distribution for executable files. Hint: Use the Dist::Zilla::Plugin::ExecDir plugin to mark those files as executables. :ShareFiles Searches your ShareDir directory and lists the files in it. Hint: Use the Dist::Zilla::Plugin::ShareDir plugin to setup the sharedir. method This will be the name of the subroutine installed in your package for this finder. Be sure to specify different names if you have multiple finders! Default: found_files AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::Role::FileFinderUser(3pm)