Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab Execution
Operating Systems HP-UX Crontab Execution Post 302926418 by rocky.community on Monday 24th of November 2014 10:11:43 AM
Old 11-24-2014
Thanks for your reply.
So as per my entry, will it not execute only once as in Nov 15th and Saturday wil come only once ?
Can you please provide the entry I should have used to execute job on Nov 15, 11:22 [ once in lifetime/Year ]. This raises another question in my mind. There is no specification for year so this job will execute every year right ? Is ther way to specify only current year ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution without using (./)

I want to execute a shell script without ./ symbol. For example: ./my_script ===== my_script (both of them can execute my script) both of them are the same as result. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehmetned
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution without ./

I want to execute a shell script without ./ symbol. For example: ./my_script ===== my_script (both of them can execute my script) both of them are the same as result. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehmetned
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab execution

is it possible to soecify time overnight in 5 days for example: 0 18-7 * * 1-5 /mycode is this okay to use 18-7 because im not getting the results correctly? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problems with crontab

I need your help please Inin a production system i found crontab entries was removed because i typed crontab -l with username corasc and didn't show anything. i asked the administrador to restored the mentioned crontab, he restored the crontab: The problem is when restored the crontab file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unscheduled crontab execution

Hi All, Do apologise, for it has been a long while since I was last on the forum. I've been doing documentation and primiarily Windows efforts for some while now. :( We are running a HP-UX 11.23 unit. This morning two separate crontab users executed shutdown scripts of their respective... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab execution

Hi I have shell script to excute the SQL script.And i have scheduled those shell script in crontab.But the Shell script is not running timely and i got the below error Crontab entry 15 05 17 7 * /export/home/vcpsapp/vcps/stat.sh Output Your "cron" job on uspxivus16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak_boop
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Unix script after every second without crontab

Hi, I have shell script "A" which is executing oracle pl/sql procedure and initiate its multiple threads at a time as below on given user value in an other script "B". I want to execute script "A" after every second with out cron tab as " A " will keep on executing after every second till... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saad.imran@gmai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Job execution using crontab

Hi All, I am facing a problem with crontab.I made an entry in crontab like this 05 07 * * * /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/exe/cdw_generate_special_klant.sh > /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/scratch/cdw_gen_cron.log But job was not getting executed. Entry in crontab was made with same user by whom... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Crontab

Dear Folks, I have written a shell script which internally connects to oracle database through sqplplus command line. The script runs fine when run manually. Now I am scheduling it to run (Linux environment) from crontab. In crontab it is failing with an error: sqlplus command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamojitc
6 Replies
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)

NAME
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool - Base class for determining which date package to use for calendrical calculations. SYNOPSIS
my $date_tool = HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool->new( year => $YYYY_year, month => $one_thru_12_month, weeknum => $weeknum_mode, historic => $historic_mode, datetool => $specific_datetool_if_desired, ); DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to utilize the best date calculation package available on the current system. For most contemporary dates this usually ends up being the internal Time::Local package of perl. For more exotic dates, or when week number of the years are desired, other methods are attempted including DateTime, Date::Calc, Date::Manip, and the linux/unix 'ncal' or 'cal' commands. Each of these has a specific subclass of this module offering the same utility methods needed by HTML::CalendarMonth. METHODS
new() Constructor. Takes the following parameters: year Year of calendar in question (required). If you are rendering exotic dates (i.e. dates outside of 1970 to 2038) then something besides Time::Local will be used for calendrical calculations. month Month of calendar in question (required). 1 through 12. weeknum Optional. When specified, will limit class excursions to those that are currently set up for week of year calculations. historic Optional. If the the ncal or cal commands are available, use one of them rather than other available date modules since these utilities accurately handle some specific historical artifacts such as the transition from Julian to Gregorian. datetool Optional. Mostly for debugging, this option can be used to indicate a specific HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool subclass for instantiation. The value can be either the actual utility class, e.g., Date::Calc, or the name of the CalendarMonth handler leaf class, e.g. DateCalc. Use 'ncal' or 'cal', respectively, for the wrappers around those commands. There are number of methods automatically available: month() year() weeknum() historical() datetool() Accessors for the parameters provided to "new()" above. dow1st() Returns the day of week number for the 1st of the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Should be 0..6 starting with Sun. lastday() Returns the last day of the month for the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Overridden methods Subclasses of this module must provide at least the "day_epoch()" and "dow1st_and_lastday()" methods. dow1st_and_lastday() Required. Provides a list containing the day of the week of the first day of the month (0..6 starting with Sun) along with the last day of the month. day_epoch() Optional unless interested in epoch values for wacky dates. For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the unix epoch in seconds for that day at midnight. If the subclass is expected to provide week of year numbers, three more methods are necessary: dow() For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the day of week number. (1=Sunday, 7=Saturday). add_days($days, $delta, $day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list of year, month, and day once "delta" days have been added. week_of_year($day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list with the week number of the year along with the year. (some days of a particular year can end up belonging to the prior or following years). AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
HTML::CalendarMonth(3), Time::Local(3), DateTime(3), Date::Calc(3), Date::Manip(3), cal(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)