Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count words from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count words from file Post 302926329 by RudiC on Sunday 23rd of November 2014 12:00:23 PM
Old 11-23-2014
I'm pretty sure all you get from above is 0.
What shell do you use? In a recent bash with process substitution, try sth like
Code:
telnet $IPCMTS 2>> $LDIR/errors.txt |  tee >( printf "%s %s\n" 'subslot' $(grep -o -c 'Subslot'))|  tee >( printf "%s %s\n" MC3GX60V $(grep -o -c 'MC3GX60V')) 
subslot 3
MC3GX60V 4

Be careful as the output will not be synchronized with your shell session.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count words on each line in file using xargs

Hi, im having a problem with xargs, i want to cout word of each line in file, and i HAVE to use xargs, i tried: cat file | xargs wc -w .....that uses all words in file like name of files and passed then to wc so it worte wc :somewordformfile is not i afile or directory cat file | xargs -I{} wc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qwetek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count words

Hi, does anyone know the command to count words by its length. I need to Count the number of five letter words that I have in a file with thousand of words. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabioamaury
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in counting the no of repeated words with count in a file

Hi Pls help in solving my doubt.Iam having file like below file1.txt priya jenny jenny priya raj radhika priya bharti bharti Output required: I need a output like count of repeated words with name for ex: priya 3 jenny 2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bha148
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of words in some subset of file and disregard others

Hi All, I have some 6000 text files in a directory. My files are named like 1.txt, 2.txt 3.txt and so on until 6000.txt. I want to count the "number of words" in only first 3000 of them. Any suggestions? I know wc -w can count the number of words in a text file. I am using Red Hat Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

count frequency of words in a file

I need to write a shell script "cmn" that, given an integer k, print the k most common words in descending order of frequency. Example Usage: user@ubuntu:/$ cmn 4 < example.txt :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_iitk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem to count number of words from file

hi every one i have written this simple shell for counting number of word that user need to find from file but i have get several error when run it. can someone tell me the problem ? echo "Enter the file name" read file echo "enter word" read word for i in \`cat $file` do if then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimafire
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How count the number of two words associated with the two words occurring in the file?

Hi , I need to count the number of errors associated with the two words occurring in the file. It's about counting the occurrences of the word "error" for where is the word "index.js". As such the command should look like. Please kindly help. I was trying: grep "error" log.txt | wc -l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmarx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count dynamic words in file

Hello, i want built a log analyzer for nginx. Okay and i use it as training for the shell tools. The most what i want i could relize. But i has trouble with dynamic things. I have the IP address extracted and has set the geo localtion for the ip. I would like to count the countries. With... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sisihagen
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View a file and count all words beginning with specificletter

I am trying to write a command and need to count all the words within the file which begin with the letter S I have run this command $ grep '^' TheAgileApproach.dat | wc -l 0 $ grep '^' TheAgileApproach.dat | wc -l 1 When I remove the wc -l I see the output as below: $ grep '^'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
7 Replies
NUACLGEN(8)															       NUACLGEN(8)

NAME
nuaclgen - NUFW acl generator SYNOPSIS
nuaclgen [ --Schema eq|ineq ] [ --Aclname ACLDN ] [ --saddr NETWORK1 ] [ --daddr NETWORK2 ] [ --proto PROTONUMBER ] [ --sport P1[:P2] ] [ --dport P3[:P4] ] [ --OsName OSNAME ] [ --OsVersion OSVERSION ] [ --OsRelease OSRELEASE ] [ --AppName APPLICATION NAME ] [ --AppSig APPLI- CATION SIGNATURE ] [ --Separator SEPARATOR ] [ --jump [ACCEPT|DROP] ] [ --groups GROUPLIST ] nuaclgen [ --List ] [ --groups Id Group ] nuaclgen [ --Delete DN ] nuaclgen [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the nuaclgen command. nuaclgen is an Access control list generator for the ldap backend of Nuauth, the authentication server of the NUFW package. Original packaging and informations and help can be found from http://www.nufw.org/ OPTIONS
--Schema eq|ineq Use equality schema or not (Equality schema requires dport be specified, and is the default. --AclName Acl DN Add an acl in the ldap tree with dn Acl DN --saddr Network Specify source network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --daddr Network Specify destination network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --proto Protocol number Specify protocol type for the acl --sport Source port Specify source port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --dport Destination port Specify destination port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --jump Decision Specify decision for the Acl. Has to be ACCEPT or DROP. --groups Groups list Specify the user group(s) on which Acl apply. Must be of the form : Group1[,Group2[,...]] --List --group Group ID List Acls for the Group ID group --Delete Dn Deletes the Acl stored in the provided Dn --help Displays a brief resume of available options and quits SEE ALSO
nufw(8) nuauth(8) AUTHOR
Nuauth was designed and coded by Eric Leblond, aka Regit (<eric@regit.org>) , and Vincent Deffontaines, aka gryzor (<vincent@gryzor.com>). Original idea in 2001, while working on NSM Ldap support. This manual page was written by Eric Leblond and copyrighted by INL (2003-2005) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. 12 mars 2007 NUACLGEN(8)